Chapter 27

I woke up the next morning with the sense of comfort and safety. A smile spread across my face as the memories of last night came flooding back. It was amazing. I felt the bed move as Zak shifted behind me. I rolled over onto my side and faced him. 

He looked so peaceful while he slept, almost angelic. I couldn’t help myself from lightly running my fingers through his raven hair. “Good morning, Angel.” His voice was rough and barely above a whisper.

He slowly opened his eyes to reveal the beautiful sapphires that I fell for. I was still smiling as I looked at him. “Good morning.” I whispered back. 

He smiled and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me against his chest. I sighed of content escaped me as I rested my head against his bare skin. I lightly kissed the center of his chest and felt him shudder under my touch. Did I really have that effect on him? 

The thought only made me smile more as I laid my head back down. A few seconds passed before I realized that I should probably get back to the hotel before Izzy sends out a search party to look for me. I never texted her last night and told her I was going to stay at Zak’s. 

But I didn’t want to get out of bed, his bed was amazingly comfortable. “Zak.” I whispered. 

“Hmmmm?” He hummed, obviously on the verge of falling asleep again. I felt bad that I was going to have to leave, but he didn’t necessarily have to take me home. I could always call a cab. 

“I think I should probably get back to the hotel… Izzy is probably worried about me. I can call a cab if you don’t want to move.” I suggested. 

He sighed above me, if felt his breath fan the top of my head. “No… I can take you. Some of the cab drivers here are pretty creepy.” He chuckled. 

I shook my head, but the smile was still present on my lips. “Well you should probably take a shower first, you’re starting to smell weird.” I said as I playfully pushed him away. 

He laughed as he climbed out of bed. He was wearing his boxers, but that was it. And boy was it hard not to stare. The tattoo he had in on his upper back was my favorite, I thought it was absolutely stunning. I stared at it until it disappeared behind the bathroom door. 

I decided that I should probably put my dress on now; even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. I sighed as I swung my legs over the bed. Thank god I put my underwear back on before falling asleep. I grabbed my bra off the floor and clipped it on before grabbing the purple dress that was thrown into a pile. 

Zipping the dress up by myself was a struggle, but I managed to do it. After I was dressed I walked downstairs and into the living room. There was a constant overwhelming feeling of spirits, but I couldn’t see any. I wonder if Zak knows how many spirits he has here. I could even sense some darker presences, probably demons. 

I sat down on the couch and looked around the room. I was avoiding checking my phone because I knew it was going to be a thousand text messages from Izzy asking about how it went last night and where was I. She was going to ask me about what happened the instant I walked into my room, and I know how she is. It’s going to be hard to get her to turn from the subject. 

The soft sound of paws on hardwood drew me from my thoughts. I was confused for a second before I remembered that Zak had a dog. “Gracie!” I exclaimed as she came bounding around the corner. She stopped in front of my feet and stared at me. 

I reached down and scratched her head. She must’ve really enjoyed it because she jumped up on the couch and laid her head in my lap. She was panting lightly as I continued to scratch her head. Zak’s footsteps were heavy and loud in the otherwise quiet house as he came down the stairs.