Chapter 12

I was exhausted. Last night was quite the experience. I have to get a priest in there, that third floor needs to be cleansed. I pulled up into my driveway, glad that I didn’t fall sleep driving. I climbed out of the car, or I guess more like stumbled out, and headed for the front door. I fumbled with my keys, my eyes slowly drifting in out of sleepiness.

I must’ve woken Izzy up because she threw the door open and glared at me. I just ducked my head down and walked past her. She’s scary when you wake her up. I made my way to my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I didn’t bother changing my clothes; I just threw myself into bed. Sleep didn’t hesitate to take over. I was soon in a deep, dreamless sleep. 

************************************************************************************************************

I groaned and rolled over onto my side shielding my eyes away from the sun. I peeked around my arm to look at the clock; it was 4:30 p.m. was it still Saturday? I got out of bed and remembered that I didn’t change my clothes before I passed out. I went to my closet and changed into some black cheer shorts and a black tank top. 

The shorts were shorter then I though they would be, but I guess that happens when you don’t have an ass. I sighed, not caring about it anymore, and headed to the living room. Izzy was sitting on the couch watching some reruns of Ghost Adventures that had I recorded a few days ago. She heard emerge from my room and turned to look at me. 

“Good morning sleeping beauty.” She laughed lightly. 

“More like good evening.” I joked. “Is it still Saturday?” I asked. 

“Yeah, you’ve been passed out all day.” She smiled. 

“Well last night was exhausting.” I yawned. 

“I can’t wait to see the episode next Friday.” She squeaked. I laughed at her excitement. 

“I’m supposed to go help the guys go through footage tomorrow.” I told her as I poured myself a glass of water. 

“Ooooh. More time with Zak.” She winked at me. 

“Ugggh, would you just drop that subject?” I sighed. 

“Why? I know you like him, and I won’t stop until you admit it to yourself.” She shrugged. 

“You’re so persistent.” I chuckled. She just smiled at me. I walked over to the couch and sat down next her. Zak, Nick, and Aaron were investigating Moon River Brewery, you know, the one were Nick got possessed. Yeah, that shit is some scary stuff. 

We watched them until about 12:30. Izzy yawned and stretched her arms. 

“I think it’s time for me to go to bed.” She said as she got up off the couch. 

“Yeah, I think I’m going to try to sleep.” I yawned after her. We said our goodnights and Demon followed me to my room. I crawled back into bed and closed my eyes. I must’ve been tired still because it didn’t take very long for me to fall asleep. I slept peacefully, or so I thought it was going to be. 

~Dream~

I was sitting at the front steps of the mental hospital, looking up at the stars. I was happily gazing at them when I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked over at the person and was surprised to see Zak. He smiled at me, I smiled back.

“It’s a beautiful night tonight.” He said. 

“Yeah, it is. I’ve always loved looking at the stars.” I looked up at the sky again. 

I heard Zak sigh. “There’s something I wanted to talk to you about, before the lockdown.” He was suddenly serious. 

“Oh, uh, okay.” I wasn’t sure what to say to his sudden change of mood. 

He seemed to be taking a deep breath, and then all at once he said. “Amaryllis, I love you. I’ve loved you since the moment I laid my eyes on you at the library. I didn’t know someone could make me feel this way until I found you. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen and I would do anything for you. I love you more with every single day. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted.” He looked at me with such passion; I’ve never seen anyone look at me that way before. 

“Zak, I-I- love you too.” I managed to stutter. I didn’t realize it until now, but I did actually love him. “I mean I didn’t want to admit it to myself, but you saying that… I’ve never cared and loved someone as much as I do you. You are the best thing to have walked into my life. But there’s something you don’t know about me.” I was hesitant to tell him what I could do. “I’m afraid you won’t want to be with me after I tell you.” I whispered.

“I would never leave you.” He grabbed my hand. 

I took a deep breath and tried to gain courage. “I-I can see and communicate with spirits. That’s why I’m so dedicated to the paranormal. They’re everywhere, and once they know I can see them, they won’t leave me alone until I help them. They’re constantly following me, I’m never alone.” I said. I waited for Zak to say something but he didn’t. I looked up at him and he had a blank expression. 

“I-uh-I don’t know what to say… I don’t know.” Was all he said. He got up and walked back in the hospital. I wasn’t sure what he meant by that, did he not want to be with me anymore? Tears started to form in my eyes and I couldn’t stop them from falling. No one would ever love a freak like me, so why would I expect him too? 

~End Dream~

I bolted up right in bed, tears blurring my vision. The sun was spilling into my room. I wiped the tears away, but they still continued to fall. ‘It was just a dream, it didn’t really happen. Calm down.’ I told myself. After a few more minutes of crying and confusion, I had finally calmed down. I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and checked the time. It was 7:30. I sighed and headed for the bathroom, hoping a shower could wash away the memory of my dream. Why did I even dream something like that? Zak wouldn’t like me to begin with, he’s probably to busy with his work to even have a girlfriend; and he could get someone way better looking then me. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, yeah he definitely get someone way better looking then me. I took a quick shower, but it didn’t help my thoughts. The dream was still whirling around my head. I went back to my bedroom and to my closet. I decided on wearing a pair of black shorts, since it was supposed to be the hottest day today, and my Shinedown t-shirt. I slipped on my black converse and went back to the bathroom. 

I blew dried my hair and swept on some mascara. I grabbed my Monster Energy hat and put it on, leaving the rest of my hair to fall naturally down my shoulders. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note for Izzy. I told her I was going to go to Starbucks and then maybe to the mall. I don’t know. 

I left the note on the counter and grabbed my keys and wallet. I headed for my car and locked the front door behind me. I reached my car door when I noticed a man standing in the middle of the road; a car was coming right at him. 

“SIR! WATCH OUT!” I screamed at him. He turned to look at me but didn’t move. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, chapter 12. Yay(: Thank you guys for reading, I know I thank you every chapter, but it really means a lot that people are actually reading my story! Let me know what you guys think? Love you all <3