Chapter 9

Izzy finished in the bathroom, so I went in and fixed my makeup a little. I was too lazy to change my outfit. It took me about 10 minutes to fix my hair and do my makeup. When I finished I went to my bedroom and got my favorite perfume off the top shelf of off my bookcase. It was Sexy Little Things from Victoria Secret. I spayed some over my shirt and on my neck. I hardly ever wear perfume, but I felt like tonight was a good night to wear it.

  After I thought I smelt delicious I headed to the living room to find Izzy on the floor playing with Demon. They were playing tug-of-war with his favorite rope. I walked by them and plopped down on the couch.

  “Woah, someone smells amazing. Trying to impress someone tonight?” Izzy wriggled her eyebrows at me.

  “What are you talking about? I just put some perfume on cause I felt like. There’s no one I want to impress.” I defended myself. Except Zak. Shut up brain, I don’t want to impress him.

  “Mhmm, sure. Whatever you say, Ama.” Izzy rolled her eyes. I huffed angrily in response. She laughed. Why does everyone think I like Zak? He was being nice to me, so I was being nice to him. Why is that so hard to understand? I shook my head and checked the time on my phone. It’s 7.

  “We should probably get going; I don’t know how the traffic is going to be getting there.” I told Izzy.

  “Yeah, okay. Lemme just get my jacket real quick.” She jumped up and raced to her room. I laughed at how over dramatic she was being. I got off the couch and grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter. I made sure Demon had food and water before I walked out the front door. Izzy came skipping out behind me, god she’s weird. I locked the door and laughed at Izzy as she skipped her way to the car.

  “Someone seems happy to be going to dinner.” I smiled at her.

  “Shaddap.” She blushed.

  “I know; you’re just excited to see Aaron. I know you have a crush on him.” I laughed at how shy she was being.

  “Yeah, I really do like him. He seems like a really sweet and good guy.”  Her cheeks grew even redder. She was never this shy unless she seriously did like him. It made me smile just thinking about how a crush could affect someone so much.

  “You aren’t nervous for dinner?” She asked.

  “No, why would I be nervous?” I wondered.

  “Don’t play stupid, I know you like Zak. I could tell by the way you watch him when we were watching TV.” She smiled at me.

  “Okay, yeah I do have a tiny crush. But nothing’s ever going to happen. He’s way out of my league anyways. He could have any girl he wanted.” I sighed at my defeat.

  “What are you talking about? You’re out of his league, honey. You’re a gorgeous and caring person. Any guy would be lucky to have you.” She said.

  “Thanks, babe. You aren’t so bad looking yourself.” I winked at her. We both started laughing. We always knew how to cheer each other up. It’s why we’ve been friends for so many years. We could tell what each other were thinking without having to say anything. We could communicate without having to say anything. It’s just how close we are.

  The rest of the drive was filled with silence, it was a comfortable silence. We finally arrived to the restaurant at about 7:25. Right on time. I parked the Jeep and hopped out, nearly tripping as I landed on the ground. Isabelle just laughed at how stupid I looked. We walked inside the restaurant and watched all the busy waiters speed walking around.

  “Hello, how can I help you?” A girl asked us.

  “Erm, I guess a reservation under Zak Bagans?” I presumed, since I never asked if he had made a reservation. She looked down her list and then looked up and smiled.

  “Yes, we have it right here. A reservation for 5?” She asked. I nodded. She grabbed our menus and gestured for us to follow her to a table. Izzy and I walked quietly behind her as she led us through the crowd of waiters and customers. It was quiet busy for a Thursday night. We arrived at a circle table with 5 chairs around it. Izzy sat in the one closest to her and I sat next to her. The waitress handed us our menus and told us she would bring the rest of the group back when they arrived. I smiled and said a polite thank you as she left.

  “It smells so good in here.” Izzy commented as she sniffed the air.

  “You’re so weird.” I laughed at her.

  “Yeah, well you are too.” She laughed with me. We looked over our menus and talked about how we thought the dinner would go. Izzy was so nervous to actually sit and be able to have a conversation with Aaron, it was adorable. After about 10 minutes of looking over the menus and talking, the waitress came back with Zak, Nick, and Aaron following behind. I smiled at the sight of them. I glanced over at Izzy and her cheeks were turning a light pink. I laughed quietly, she shot me a glare.

  “What’s so funny?” Zak asked as he took the seat next to me.

  “Oh nothing, just laughing at Izzy.” I smiled at her. She stuck out her tongue. Nick took the seat next to Zak and Aaron sat next to Izzy. I smiled even wider as her cheeks grew darker. She was so nervous. It was comical.

  “Sorry we’re so late; Mr. Fashion over there wouldn’t leave until his hair was perfect.” Nick jerked his head towards Zak.

  Zak bowed his head. “Shut up man.” Nick and Aaron just laughed. I smiled as Zak blushed. God, he’s so adorable. He looked over at me and caught me staring at him. I quickly looked away as I felt my cheeks heat up. I heard him let out a soft chuckle.

“So Amaryllis, are you scared for the lockdown tomorrow?” Zak asked me, suddenly all eyes were on me.

  “No, why would I be? I have investigated that place before.” I quickly commented.

  “True, but from what I heard and felt in there, that place is pretty dangerous.” Nick suggested.

  “Yeah it is, believe me.” I shivered at the thought of my possession.

  “Is something wrong?” Zak asked.

  “Well, there’s something I didn’t tell you guys when we were doing the interview.” I slowly said.

  “What?” Aaron chimed in.

  “Well, erm. I guess the only way to tell you is to come right out and say it. This is pretty hard for me to talk about, but.” I trailed off.

  “But what?” Izzy asked

 “I was partially possessed the last time I went to investigate that place.” I quickly said all the words together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter, and I know it sucks, but I was having writer's block. So tell me what you think? And if there are any good stories that you think I would enjoy, lemme know in the comments! Thank you all for reading! I love you guys <3