21 - Mason Payne√

Traitor.

I woke up to pain. I growled as my stomach felt as though it were being punched repeatedly. I sat up knowing it wasn't me. I turned to see the pillow in Angus' place and I growled before linking the entire pack to let them know of their other Alpha's disappearance. Then the series of voices clouded my head as questions were fired at me.

-Do you know where he might have gone?

-What did you do?

-Please tell me he's only in the kitchen and this is a false alarm.

-Alpha, what are we to do? I recognised my Beta's voice.

-Alpha?

I growled and the questions stopped.

-All warriors meet me in the front. I know where he is. I instructed and there was a series of years sir. I want at least 10 warriors to remain with the children and those unable to fight and guard them until we get back.

I felt a surge of anger and I paused at the intensity of it. My eyes widened as I realised he might have already gotten to this F. Reg person. I growled and ran out of the house, my wolf was simmering above the surface just as angry as I was and he was itching for a fight.

My warriors were lined up outside, waiting for my instructions. I was still in my boxers as I walked by them in anger, right now I was in no mood to be nice. I wanted blood.

"Follow me, "I commanded with authority and they all shifted a split second after me. I ran at top speed, there wasn't a scent to follow and I growled, cursing Angus out.

Then I felt fear as well as shock slither up my spine and I shivered knowing something was wrong.

-Angus? Angus can you hear me? I tried to reach him through our mate bond but I got no reply, I snarled and picked up speed, my pack doing their best to keep up with me.

-Alpha? Jamie's voice breached my thoughts and I huffed to signal him to continue, I was not in a talking mood. Do you know where we are going? He asked.

-22nd Surftide road. I said. Earlier, Angus recieved a note for him to meet the person, he knows him from his past, I told him not to go. I said, telling him all I knew which wasn't much. I didn't know what we were up against, I only hoped I wasn't leading my pack into a death trap.

Finally as we reached the town, I could smell him. I shifted knowing how the locals would react if they saw a gigantic wolf walking through the streets. I stood tall and naked, at the moment I was glad that it was late and nobody would be out, well, nobody with a clear mind.

My pack followed behind me as I sniffed at Angus' scent which I noted was slightly altered. I ignored the alteration and focused on the familiar scent, the darkness it gave off. Soon we reached 22nd Surftide road but it was empty. I growled and my best trackers began sniffing.

I looked around and sniffed smelling a rather metallic scent. I looked down and saw blood trails, luckily they didn't smell like Angus.

"This must be F. Reg's blood. "I said lowly and watched there it ends. My trackers walked forward and we followed as they kept their noses to the ground. They stopped down the road.

I saw the tyre marks, they were fresh. I shifted, my instincts taking over and I ran following them. My pack followed and then I caught Angus' scent again. I growled as we re-entered the woods in no mans land. I shivered and snarled at the feeling of leaving my territory and my pack snarled with me.

-Angus! Where are you!? I demanded again as we came to a stop where his scent stops. I could feel a tentive presence in the back of my mind.

-M...Mason? I couldn't help nod even though he couldn't see. What's going on!? He suddenly demanded, his panic rushed through me.

-That's what I'm trying to figure out. I said and opened up our communication to the rest of the pack. They listened. What happened? Can you see where you are?

-I...I don't know where I am... I went to meet him, Mason... I'm so sorry. I didn't know he'd ambush me.

-Tell us what happened.

-After I got there, Fergus and I talked a bit and I stabbed him, next thing I know, his clan is there too.

-Wait, clan? This guy is a vampire?

-I'm sorry, I should have said. I growled. I remember him saying I'm going to make him rich then I was drugged and I don't know where I am. He whimpered and the pack growled. I was frustrated because I didn't know where to begin looking for him. It...it looks like some kind of lab.

I looked back at my pack and they stared at me. Frustrated I slammed my body into the tree and it shook.

-I'm going to find you, Angus. I promise. Just hang in there. I said to him but there wasn't an answer before I felt an urgent press into my mind. What Jamie? I growled.

-Alpha, I got word from Rachel, she has the person who is responsible for this. Sharply I turned to him before linking her.

-Rachel.

-Alpha, I have someone here who knows where they have taken our Alpha.

-Who is it!? I growled angrily, my blood was boiling at the fact that someone in my pack could betray me like this.

-It was Erin's father, sir. She said after a hesitant pause and then I saw red.

-------

My paws dug into the ground as I ran for my pack house. Outside Rachel already had Erin's father, Calvin on his knees. I lunged immediately, catching his shoulder I shook my head, thrashing him around like a rag doll. Instinctively he shifted and fought back.

-TRAITOR! I snarled into the mind link.

-He killed my son! He defended as our bodies clashed, his went flying through the air, as he landed I bit into his stomach and he howled in pain and his blood stained my muzzle.

-That does not give you the right to betray your Alpha. I moved away from him and shifted. I stood above, my height threatening and intimidating. He whimpered and shifted as I glared down at him. My wolf had more control at the moment.

"He took my son, "Calvin wailed." It was only fair. "I pressed my foot to his stomach.

"I don't want to hear it. You put my mate in danger and you put our pack at risk." I snarled digging my heel into his stomach. He howled and clawed at my foot. I didn't budge as he drew blood. "I will make you pay for this Calvin. Even if it is the last thing I do." I whispered menacingly, the pack could feel my anger and they whimpered and whined. "Now where is Angus." He cried as he looked up at me.

"He's... He's at the local laboratory, not on the main floor though." I dug my heel into his stomach. He wailed. "He's in the...the restricted area, being prepared." I snarled baring my teeth.

"Prepared for what!? "Jamie yelled from beside me suddenly. Calvin bit his lip. His death will not be painless. That much I would make sure of.