Chapter 16: It's you.

A good fifteen minutes later, my mom dropped me off at the library and told her to get me at nine- thirty. The drive there was pretty much a blur, but I'm almost positive that nothing happened. No talking. Just akward silence. Extremely akward.
Anyways... When I got there, I saw Reese getting up from a table to open the door. I was practically swooning, such a gentleman. "Thanks," I said, looking up into his perfect brown eyes. "Yeah, no problem." He escorted me to the table he was previously sitting at.
I sat down in a squishy seated chair. "Okay, let's get started," I said with a smile.
• • •
Approximately an hour later...
"Okay, so if the circumference of the circle is sixty-five, then what is the radius?" He thought for a few seconds, wrote down something and then answered, "Ten point three five." I looked at him for a sec. "Or...?" He laughed, "Ten and thirty-five hundredths." I glanced at our textbooks and started talking in a talk show host kind of voice, "Correct, Mr. Williams! You have now won a trip to 100%-landia!" We both went into a fit of laughter. Almost choking, I tried to calm myself down. "Hey, I've got to go-" His eyes lit up in surprise, "No!" I started laughing! "What?" He asked. "I was going to say, I have to go to the girls room," I said, pointing to our right. "Oh, okay," he said, looking relieved. I stood up and ruffled his hair a little. "You're so cute when you get worried." He blushed and looked towards me as I hobbled away.
After I was done doing my buisness, my mom called me. "Hey sweetie."
"Hey mom." "I was just calling to let you know I'm in the parking lot. If you wanted to leave now." "No mom! I'll text you if I want you to pick me up."
"O-okay," I heard her say, a little hurt. "Bye." I said, softly. As I started towards the table, I saw Tae, the most popular girl in school looking over to the table Reese was sitting at. I saw her glare and flash her evil smile at me as she stood up, flung her silky perfect hair off her shoulder, and walked towards him. Don't. You. Dare. As i watched her, she began flirting with him. I noticed he was laughing with her. She asked him something and they stood up. I started hobbling over to them when she "tripped" and he caught her. When she stood up, they kissed. And she started twirling her hair and giggling. I felt tears drip down my face. When I crutched past them as fast a possible, I heard Reese call me. As I swung the door open, I made out some voices and shuffling behind me. I only got so far when he got up behind me and touched my shoulder carefully, which was enough to get me to stop. "What do you want," I almost yelled at him. "I- I'm sorry. For what happened back there," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Acting all shy and cute... No. I'm still mad at him. I whipped around to face him. "H-how could you? Wh-" Now I was choking; I couldn't get any words out. "Please. Just let me explain." It was to much for me to handle. I started crutching away. I heard yelling and a loud thud behind me. I spun around to see Reese kneeling over and huffing. Almost like he was having trouble breathing... "Reese... Are you okay?" He looked up at me. " Yeah! I'm fine. Don't worry about m-" he said angry like. He fell over and the next thing I knew he was on his back. Like almost in pain. Forgetting my injury, I threw down my crutches and ran to his side. "Reese. Reese, can you hear me? Reese!" Moment of realization: angry, trouble breathing. Can it be? I tapped at my phone screen with all my might. I literally almost screamed into my phone, "Mom! Drive to the doors." "Why-" "Now Mom!" I heard shuffling in the background. Some seconds later, I saw my mom jump out of the car holding an inhaler and medicine. "Come on, don't leave him here laying on the ground. Help me carry him into the car," I said urgently. "But your ankle..." She said drifting off. "Just..." I thought. "You get him, I'll get the door. Now!" She dragged him to the car. About ten minutes later, we were on our way home. I was sitting in the back seat with Reese's head laying on my shoulder. We got him conscious again and then he fell asleep. When he wakes up in the morning, I'll ask him about... Well, I won't thnk about that right now. As long as he's safe.