Chapter 5: Just ignore me...

"Okay, see you later," I heard Natalie and Ellen say, as they headed towards their first period class. Me and Laney had AP science and Lauren had Geography first period. Laney and I went inside Mr. Smith's classroom (that's what our teachers name is) and, by the time I got inside the classroom, their were only three seats left, and they were in the back of the class. The third one was in the very front of the room. I trudged all the way back to the seat, looking for Laney along the way. She was already deep in conversation with someone she found that she knows. RING! That's the bell, I have to go to my seat now, I thought to myself. As I made my way to my seat, Mr. Smith started to call role. "Reece Allen. Is Reece Allen here?" Mr. Smith said. "Present," Reece said in a cool manner, as he entered into the classroom. "Mister Allen, your late," Mr. Smith said, staring him down. Aparently, he was trying to get our teacher to calm down, while acting like a gangster. After a minute or so, Reece sat down in the seat on the front row, right next to his trouble-maker friends and a few girls who were drooling to talk to him. As I started rolling my eyes, Mr. Smith called my name. "Here, sir!" I said aloud. "Thank you, Jordyn, for adressing me properly," our teacher said, while looking at Reece.
A good seven minutes later, we got to the last person on the list. "Reese Williams, Reese Williams. Oh, silly me, I almost forgot. Class we have a new student in our class, transferring from down the hall. Reese, come inside please," Mr. Smith said, adressing the "new" kid. Why does that name sound so familiar, I thought to myself. I turned my head slightly to the right and saw Laney giving me the, Ooo, face. She knows, only because I told her- he's my crush. When I didn't think this day could get anymore, uh, interesting, Mr. Smith seated Reese next to... me.