Chapter 8: Friends?

"Jordyn, sweetheart?" I heard my mom calling my name, as she knocked on my door. "Wha?" "Um, Laney is here. Are you ready?" She asked me. "Just a minute!" I answered her. I had just gotten ready for the third day of school. All day yesterday, I did my best trying to not talk to Reese; definitely not after what happened monday. I tried to keep everything perfessional between us.
I opened my door to see Laney standing right their. "Hey! I didn't know you were out here!" "Ya, your mom told me you in here. You doing okay? Is their anything you want to tell me?" She asked me. "No. Of course not. I'm totally fine! Let's go, don't want to miss the bus," I said, in a hurried voice, walking past her. "Okay, but, don't you want some shoes?" Laney told me. I looked down at my feet. No wonder my feet were cold, I thought to myself. "Just, uh, pass me my vans," I said unpatiently. "Which ones? Your pink or mint!" Laney asked/yelled to me. "I don't know," I answered sarcastically, "maybe the ones that goes with my biker outfit!" "Just tell me which ones please," she said, aparently running out of patients. "The pink." Today I was wearing a sleeveless, navy skater dress. Hey, don't judge me; I like dresses and pink. As I hopped through the hall trying to pull my vans on, I kissed my mom, told her bye and we ran to the bus.
                                  • • •
"Hey Jordyn!" I heard a voice call out. Who the heck could that be, I thought looking around curiously. Right now, I was outside on the field. Me and Ellen were stretching; we had track practice during study hall, and aparently you-know-who had football practice at the same time. Yay me, I though to myself, sarcastically. Just then, Ellen made a face at me. "What?" I whispered. "Someone's calling your name. Jordyns got a boyfriend, Jordyns got a boyfriend," she sang, while prancing around. "Dude, stop it. You look like a skipping five year old in a candy store," I demanded. "Hey Reese," I said, with a small smile. I don't want him to think I enjoy talking to him, which, I do. "Soo," I said slowly, obviously uncomfortable. "Yeah," he said slowly, almost as if he was agreeing with me. "So," he said, looking to make sure no one was around to hear, "about Monday." I tried to interrupt him but he kept talking. "We need to talk about it. Can we just forget about it, and be friends?" I, truly, was shocked. I did not expect him to say that, "Um, yeah. Sure. I'd like that." I smiled to show him that their was no need to worry. In the distance, I heard a whistle. I turned to look where it was coming from. "Hey, I got to go. See you in history," I yelled behind me as I jogged away.
Coach was talking to us about our track meet this weekend. "Jordyn: sprinting 100m, Ellen: hurdles, blah blah blah," she was calling out who was doing what. I was practically the fastest on the team. I don't like to brag but that is why she called my name first. (And also it's because the names are in alphabetical order.) "Okay, ladies. Lets get a move-on, shall we?!" Coach Jones yelled for us to start practicing. Since sprinting was one of the last events, I got to sit in the stands and cheer on Ellen. As I got into the stands, I sat down and realized the football players were still on the field. And just out of the corner of my eye, I saw Reese looking in my direction.