OUTTAKES

OUTTAKES

AN: Some of you had asked for outtakes from my previous stories. I know this is long overdue, but hey, I still did it. =)

So here they are. And I hope they will serve as the closure for said stories.

OUTTAKE 1: HAZY

Summary: Alden's Pain expressed through a letter he wrote Maine after the night they reunited. He was able to read Maine's letter for herself. RJ responded to it while Maine was finally asleep in his arms, pouring out his heart after years of suppressed pain.

Warning: Painful. Or maybe not.

---000---

Dear Maine,

When I met you, I felt forever.

My heart didn't beat fast, no. The world didn't stop moving around me, no. Nothing extraordinary like those had happened.

My heart was simply quiet. Still. Unmoving. As if I just finished reading a masterpiece and I was given a moment to reflect about its meaning.

You were my favorite everything.

My favorite puzzle that I wouldn't get tired of solving. Because no matter how many times I put it back together, it still has the same pieces of itself.

My favorite romance mystery that I wouldn't stop reading again and again, just because it always ends the same way, giving me the same feelings that I wouldn't want to stop feeling for the rest of my life.

My favorite sonata that I wouldn't stop listening to, memorizing every note until I finally start singing the melody without a guide.

My favorite season that I wouldn't stop waiting for. Because I know that it would always come. And that my waiting wouldn't be in vain.

And then everything had changed. Because fate was always cruel to anyone who has faith in it.

We were just starting our forever, Maine. When forever decided that it wasn't ready yet for you and me.

You were almost taken away from me. When I saw you fall from that cliff, my heart was viciously wrenched out of my chest. The accident would always be the most painful reminder that despite being a man of faith, I would always be tested.

I had bled with you. I had cried with you. And if you died, I would have died with you. I couldn't have existed with you. It just wouldn't be possible.

But you survived. You had survived. And my heart couldn't have been happier upon seeing your eyes flutter open and meet mine.

The doctor had warned me that you forgetting things was a possibility because of the hit you took on your head. So I expected you to forget me, us.

What I didn't expect was your heart to forget me. Worst, you only forgot me during the time that we were supposed to celebrate the promise of forever under the eyes of God.

It became a cycle. An endless cycle that I willingly followed, and would willingly follow in the years to come just because I love you. My love for you was the only thing stronger than that harsh cycle that killed me every time it happened.

Watching you forget me, forget us, was the most painful thing that my heart has ever experienced. Every time you failed to remember how you feel about me, I don't just lose a piece of my heart--- I lose a piece of myself. And I only get to glue them back when you remember me...