ALDUB 3-Part Drabble Collection PART 2

AN. No Hazy-like plot, just simple conversations because I miss you all on Twitter and I'll deactivate again by midnight.

BTW, to those who had been asking, there's no final date yet for my book launch, but I will announce it definitely. And to those who are asking if the books are available, yes, they are, although they're not in bookstores yet. I have paperback copies with me and for those who read Ebooks, you can find them at Amazon Kindle (links on my profile).

FICTION.

---000---

1. COMFORT

It was late and she was tired. She didn't even have time to go home to Bulacan so she just went straight to the hotel room assigned to her, the one near Broadway. Dean was with her.

Alden was supposed to bring her home, but he had received a call. He needed to leave earlier because he has an early call time for tomorrow's SPS.

That's why she was surprised when she saw him standing outside her door, looking really tired.

Just by looking at his face, Maine knew there's something bothering him. So she let him in quietly without asking anything. She knew he would talk when he's ready.

Maine quietly watched as he lay down on the first bed. She glanced at her brother, but he's already asleep. Not that this was a taboo. Her family trusted Alden and they already allowed them this type of visit.

"Is it okay?" Alden asked quietly, as if reading her thoughts. Maine smiled and nodded, before joining him on the bed. But instead of their usual positions, it's Maine who extended her arm. Alden immediately allowed her to pull him close.

They just cuddled for a while before he finally talked.

"They can question everything about me, Maine," Alden said, his tone serious and a bit hurt. "Just not my feelings for you."

Maine sighed. "This is about you leaving early again. Twitter?"

Alden nodded.

Maine enveloped him into a hug, her other arm circling around him. Alden just succumbed to this moment of weakness. "We both know the truth. And if they can't understand you, I can. And I understand you."

Alden chuckled bitterly. "Maine, that's the only reason why I am able to tolerate it. Because I know you understand. And that's all that matters."

"But it doesn't mean their accusations don't hurt," Maine concluded.

"Yeah."

They remained quiet. It didn't take long for Alden to fall asleep. Maine gazed at his resting profile for a while before planting the softest of kiss on his forehead, then on his lips.

"I love you," she whispered.

Then Maine snatched her phone and logged in to Twitter.

Because between the two of them, she is the one most tired of the shallow-minded people doing this to Alden every time he does things that don't meet their ­so-called perfect guy standards.

And she's had enough.

2. SHARE (Dedicated to today's episode)

After the teasing and the catcalls they received upon arriving in the dressing room after today's episode, the two of them were finally left alone. And Maine took the chance to reprimand her secret (or not-so-secret) boyfriend.

Alden looked like an adorable kicked-puppy as he listened to Maine's not-so-serious rants. She, on the other hand, was trying so hard not to succumb to that undeniably sexy yet innocent charm and just bite those pouty lips.