WRECKED

Author's Note after FIN.

---000---

Dear Divina,

I knew when it began to fade and when it actually... faded.

It isn't difficult to know when the heart of the one you love stopped beating for you and started beating for another.

---

It started months ago when she was still in New York. Divina had spent a year abroad for her Masters, something which Alden had allowed her to do. It was for her personal growth, her self-actualization. And he had always been supportive of her.

So he had let her go—his heart and his trust on her hand, and an engagement ring on her finger.

For the first few months, it had been the same---Skype calls, emails, twitter mentions, IG comments, LINE messages—they had done them all.

Alden had missed her. He could feel she missed him too. But he didn't cling to her. He wanted her to accomplish what she was set to do there. He didn't want to be the barricade to her dreams.

So he continued with his life. He concentrated on his work. He even filmed a TV series and a movie. While she was away to fulfill her dreams, he had been working harder for theirs. When she came back, they would plan for their wedding. And there's nothing he wanted most in this world but for her to become him and for him to become her--- for them to become one in the eyes of God.

By the fourth month, Divina had become busy. The social network comments stopped. The Skype Calls stopped. And the emails became less frequent.

Alden hadn't been offended. He knew she was busy. So he tried to not mind the crankiness in her tone when he called her, the shortness of her replies to his emails, or even when she forgot their monthsaries.

When she stopped answering his calls, he still didn't take it seriously. A few months more and she'd be home. They will be back to normal.

So he just prayed. And prayed. Because that's how he dealt with doubts. And deep inside him, he somehow knew that there's something happening. He just didn't want to acknowledge it because acknowledging it meant it was real.

Her email came to him when he was about to break down from all the stress from work. He was relaxing on their bed when he received it.

To: Alden

From: Divina

Alden,

Sorry ha? Busy kasi talaga. Hindi na kita natatawagan at di ko na rin nasasagot yung tawag mo.

Pauwi na ko next week. See you na lang sa bahay. Sasabay na lang ako sa isang friend ko. Malapit kasi siya sa atin. Para hindi ka na rin mapagod.

Divina

Alden's reaction upon reading the email was utmost joy. After months of being without her, he finally felt complete. He missed her so much and he'd never let her go away for that long again.

Alden had replied to the email and fell asleep with a smile on his face.

He ignored the fact that after months of not emailing him, she didn't even include an I love you or I miss you in her email.

---

Alden met Jhake the night of Divina's arrival.

Divina probably didn't want him to meet the guy. But since he was so excited to finally have her in his arms, he had been waiting for her right at the porch of their shared home.