SWEET SURPRISE

AN: Kinilig ako while writing this. I hope you'll feel the same way. Still un-beta-ed. I'm sorry for the overlooked grammatical errors and spelling errors.                                    

This is just FANFICTION. Similarities with real events are purely coincidental.                                                     

I'm also taking this opportunity to promote my published novels. The links for the synopses are on my profile. The Vardoger  is romance/mystery. And God Wrote My Love Story in Kanji is romance/humor. You'll probably cry and have nightmares on the first one and laugh a lot on the second. It's a 2-in-1 book.

ENJOY! 

---000---

Alden knew there was something weird the moment he entered the dressing room backstage. Most of his co-hosts for Sunday Pinasaya were already there, and it was obvious they were talking about something. They were huddled in a corner, heads bent, and were mumbling about something.

"Good morning, guys," he greeted happily as he put his bag on one of the chairs. The others looked surprised, but immediately greeted him back enthusiastically. He noticed that they had dispersed from their little group chat and started to scatter everywhere as if nothing extraordinary happened.

Alden just shrugged it off. It was probably about one of Jerald's pranks. And he's probably involved. He just had to watch out the whole show and tell Nate to specifically guard his bag when he's hosting. He didn't want to end up having raw ingredients like garlic and vinegar inside his bag. When Jerald had done that to Valeen last week, Je ended up having big bruises on the arms and probably a broken eardrum.

Speaking of Jerald, the little or rather big devil was grinning as he approached him. Alden gave him a high five before he sat down and turned to check his phone. He was exchanging text messages with Maine and there's nothing more precious for Alden at the moment. Sometimes, written words tell you more than spoken words. And he cherished these exchanges as much as he cherished their calls. But of course, nothing can beat the face-to-face conversation.

"Ang saya saya mo na naman. Ang aga aga ka bang pinapakilig ni Menggay?" Jerald asked as he pulled his chair closer towards Alden. "Pabasa nga."

Alden chuckled. "Akin lang to, uy!"

Jerald rolled his eyes. "Nagjo-joke lang naman ako. Ayoko nga langgamin. Sa'yong sa'yo na ang messages ni Menggay. Siya nga pala, nasa Bulacan lang siya today?"

Alden looked up from his phone after replying to Maine's last message to face his friend. "Ah. Yes. Ngayon lang siya ulit nakauwi, e. Straight kasi siya sa location shoots. Minsan nga, hindi pa nakakasagot kayna Tito at Tita. Ako na lang ang tinatawagan."

"Woot! Woot!" Jerald shouted. "May ganon? Parang son-in-law na talaga?"

Alden slapped him lightly on the forehead. "Wag kang ganyan, uy. Gusto mo patayin ako ni Tito? Love ako nun, pero bata pa kami ni Menggay."

"Love talaga a," Jerald said. Then he wiggled his eyebrows. "Magkikita na kayo bukas. Anong feeling?"

Alden made a comical face. "Ano pa e di masaya na naman si Tisoy!"

Both of them laughed. Alden and Maine had been shooting in separate locations for a week now for their primetime soap. Even in Kalye Serye, they haven't been together for a week. But finally, they will be shooting scenes together again tomorrow for their evening soap. He's not sure with KS yet, but with the way the plot ended yesterday, he needed to go to the barangay.