12: After All This Time

A/N: HEY GUYS, IM BACK! LETS TRY AND GET THIS BOOK TO 4K! THANK YOU FOR WAITING THIS WHOLE BREAK OUT, I MISS WRITING FOR YOU GUYS. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I WON'T BE UPDATING AS THE WEEKS GO BY BECAUSE I HAVE NO INSPIRATION TO WRITE FOR THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW AND IF I CONTINUED THEN THE CHAPTERS WOULD BE SHORT AND SHITTY.

SONG CHOICE FOR THIS CHAPTER: ADORE YOU BY MILEY CYRUS

June

Riley

The past eight months were very hard for me. The fact that I had no one here but August and Farkle was depressing. Sure, I loved both of them and I would rather have them two over nothing, but I was missing the one person that I wanted here.

Lucas.

His mom blocked off all connection between us constantly checking his phone unannounced so every time he texted me she would see. It didn't stop him from trying. The first month he would text trying to escape from our isolation, too bad he would get caught.

I texted him everyday knowing that he would get my message. No matter what, I wanted him to know that I was waiting. Day after day I would be here counting down the months and weeks of his return.

Lucas knew about what happened with Farkle. He immediately got in contact with me telling me not to freak out or be guilty about what happened. I guess that there was a girl that tried to kiss him and he thought about leaning in closer but almost a second after pulled away leaving my conscious clean.

Knowing that we had both done the same thing made us even, we both never kissed anyone else no matter how close it was. It eased me knowing that Lucas wasn't mad at me. I couldn't stand the thought of him being upset with me.

Farkle on the other hand was mad at me at first. I pulled away after our lips almost brushing together. I guess that he was trying to fulfill a childhood dream of his. He cam around shortly after saying that it was stupid of him to act the way he did. After that we became the inseparable friends that everyone wanted to be.

Currently pacing around my bedroom my mind drifted to the thought of Lucas's mom making him go back to permanently live with her. The arrangement between him and his mother was that he would stay for that year and that he would come back for senior year and stay with me. Previous experiences lead me to learn that plans are not always plans, they can change.

It often worried me, the fact that he might have to come home and go back. That he would be ripped away from me yet again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Lucas's mom allowed him to text me once before he was leaving last night. He tried to ease my nerves telling me that it didn't matter what his mom said, he wouldn't go back. He wouldn't let her take him away from me once again.

She fought with him over that. She didn't want her one and only son to be replaced by me but I often thought that I couldn't technically replace something that was never really there in the first place.

My nails were already broken to beds, a nervous and unhealthy habit of mines. I cut them a few minutes ago not wanting to scratch Lucas when first seeing him. It kept me occupied for a few minutes until I realized that I was cutting my skin. The pain was subtle, not as painful as the last eight months.

An uneasy feeling waved over me over the thought of seeing Lucas again. I knew that he would look different. He would probably be a lot taller and his eyes, his eyes that I loved so much would be a deeper shade of green. His tan would be darker and even more appealing than before. His hair, those luscious locks that I loved so much would be a shade darker and maybe been longer if I imagined him right.

During the eight months that he was away I never heard his voice. By now his voice would be deeper and more masculine, those whispers in my ear would be even more sexier if that was even possible. I wanted to be in his embrace but was scared of how I would look to him.

I thinned out a little more but also gained a few inches. I replaced my previous clothes with more style friendly apparel ditching the completely black look. I sprinkled a little bit of color into my life hoping that it would make my mood change. I was wrong, I felt like crap.

The heels of my sandals tapped to their own beat as I paced around even more in the anticipation of his arrival. I knew that he would be here soon, his flight tracker said that he had landed about an hour ago and I knew that he would stop for food before coming home.

Lucas's boxes were all unpacked. He sent them all over a week or two before today, I used up most of my time unpacking them trying to keep my mind off of him. It consumed me for about a week and a half before I sat in my bay window looking at me new filled room. My desk- our desk was filled with pictures of our short time together only reminding me of how much I missed him. I eventually ended up facing all of the pictures down.

I started to pick up all of our pictures smiling at everyone of them remembering the day that they were taken. The memories started to flood my mind as each picture took me further into our relationship. Tears starting forming in my eyes as I quickly wiped them away not wanting to look like a mess in front of Lucas.

I lingered on the last picture. It was taken the day before Lucas left by my brother. It was him looking at me while I looked at him. It was blurry in the background and us in focus. August was just messing around with his camera but I truly loved it.

At some point I heard keys jingle outside as I raced to the living room. My heart was practically out of my chest as the old door creaked open.

I saw his tall figure standing in the doorway. His skin was a golden brown and his hair was a light shade of brown. His smile was almost unbelievable, I hadn't seen a smile like that in months.

"Riley?" He whispered silently as my eyes met his. My lips turned upwards as I ran closer to him.

"Lucas." I breathed into his shirt as I wrapped my arms around him.

I was finally home.