05: Heartbeats

A/N: MY BOOK IS SO BIPOLAR I SWEAR. ONE CHAPTER THEY'RE FINE AND ONE CHAPTER THEY'RE FIGHTING. I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS MIND IT OR NOT BUT I WRITE HOW I FEEL. THE SLANTED LETTERING ON THE SECOND PART OF THIS CHAPTER ARE FLASHBACKS. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS AND VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER XOXO.

SONG CHOICE FOR THIS CHAPTER: ALL I ASK BY ADELE

Riley

Despite the fact Lucas and I were practically screaming at each other yesterday, I fully and honestly did not expect him to show up outside of my bay window this afternoon. A startled look came across my face as he knocked on my window. The knock snapped me out of the current book I was reading. I walked up to the window only realizing that I was only wearing a pair of spandex and a black crop top.

"Don't worry, I've seen less." Lucas smirked. I gave him a fake laugh as he stepped foot into my bedroom. He sat down on my bay window as I sat on my bed. My arms were crossed as we sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I came here to apologize." Lucas started suddenly. His words caught me off guard as a panicked look covered my face. He caught on to my looks as he cracked me a smile. "I saw that look in your face. You were scared of me." He whispered. His eyes were red and his face looked unsettled.

"I don't want you to be scared of me. No matter what we are, you shouldn't feel the need to be scared of me. And, I should not of said those horrible things to you. I just don't want to be with you." My face turned immediate shades of red. He didn't want to be with me.

The thought played over and over and over again in my head. He sat silently as I came up with something to make him stay. Any reason at all to make him want to be with me. I wanted him and deep down I knew that in some twisted way he wanted me too.

I got up not thinking. I walked over to him and placed myself on his lap. My heart started to beat faster as our skin touched. My needs and desires became stronger as I decided what to do next. My heart pounded trying to find a steady rhythm to keep me alive.

I placed one hand over my heart and one hand over his. To my surprise, his heart was beating faster than mines. His heart taking lead as my heart was one step behind. Much like our flirtation game a few day earlier. A few day that seemed like an eternal hell.

I leaned in closer to him. Our hearts picking up the pace with every inch that was enclosed between us. My lips found his jawline as I traced kisses against them. With every kiss his heart was sent in an never ending rollercoaster. His heart speeding up and only getting faster.

I lifted my head back up to meet his eyes. The emerald green eyes that I only wanted to get lost in. The swarm of green which I never wanted out of my sight. I could stare into his eyes forever, a forever I wouldn't mind.

"I can feel your heartbeat." I mumbled against his lips. The connection between us made my head spin and the knots in my stomach tighter. Which each kiss we had a knot was untangled. I smiled in pure pleaser as he wrapped his arms around me bringing us closer, an impossible but true thought.

My hands cupped his face and then moved around his neck. "Please don't tell me that you don't want to be with me." I whispered lowly. The possibility of getting hurt again tied all of the knots together in my stomach. I didn't want to think about a life without Lucas. No matter how young and new we are to each other, I wanted him.

His kisses traced up my chin. Nipping and kissing at every possible place of skin. My head overwhelmed with the amount of pain in pleasure that I felt at one time. Not wanting to be hurt but not wanting to let go.

"I will try. I will try my hardest. I will fight for you forever and always. I already hurt you once and I hate myself for that. I could not live in a world knowing that I hurt you more than once. I push everyone away. I pushed you away when I should have stayed with you. I regret ever trying to push you away if I would have known how much pain you and I would endure." He whispered in my ear. We were the same in that way, pushing people away to prevent ourselves from being hurt in the future.