Chapter 27: Not So Happy New Year

L.A. Models were having a New Years party which everyone was excited about. Although one problem, we have to spend it with Ashleigh. She has been a slight pain and attempting to 'make our lives hell'. We were waiting for our boyfriends to arrive.

"Logan is always late for things like this, he is probably holding the others up." Sammy says. She was wearing a sleek navy dress which was completely backless and draped to the floor.

"Typical." Lily rolls her eyes. Her dress was dark green and just above her knees.

"Or they are just being fashionably late." Bree's dress was purple, of course, was shorter at the front and longer at the back.

"Girls, they're only five minutes late, stop blaming Logan." I stick my tongue out at them.

"Isn't she cute when she's annoyed?" Bree smirks, trying to wind me up.

" Well I'm about to get freaking adorable." They laugh at me. Just at that moment, Ashleigh comes over with a group of girls.

"What are you hags cackling about?" She glares at us.

"A slut who somehow became a model." I snap. She makes a noise of discuss and waltz of. The guys walk in the building. I walk as fast as I can in heels over to Logan.

"Hello." I say. Logan just stands there and checks me out, as if I don't notice. I just blush and look down at the hem of my black dress.

"You look amazing." He breaths.

"Thank you."

"OH MY GOSH IT'S LOGAN FREAKING HENDERSON!" Some random girl calls out and all of the group that was following Ashleigh crowded around him and pushed me out of the way. Lily catches me before I get shoved to the ground.

"Ow!" I gasp and look at my ankle. It was bleeding and felt like it was twisted.

"Can you walk on it?" Lily asks. I attempt but fail to.

"No."

"Here." Lily holds onto me while I hop over to the bathroom. "Let's clean you up." She grabs a paper towel and starts removing the remains of the blood. "Someone has some killer high heels." Lily studies the cut.

"Tell me about it." I mumble.

"I think you may have twisted your ankle. I chucked a first aid kit in Sammy's car. You packed some flats right?"

"Yeah."

"Wait here." Lily leaves and I sit up on the counter. It was 10:30pm so the party has been going on for about an hour, although we have only been here for half an hour. It was quarter to eleven when Lily finally came back, Bree and Sammy tagging along with her.

"Sorry it took so long, I had to find Sammy." Lily sighs.

"It's all good." Lily had to clean the cut again and she bandaged me up. Sammy gave me my black flats and Bree took my high heels to the car. This all took another fifteen minutes. "Less than half an hour left of 2012. Can you believe it?"

"No, I can't." Lily helps me down from the counter. Sammy had run off and Bree hasn't returned so it was just us.

"Thanks Lils." I say giving her a hug.

"No problem." We walk, well I limped, out of the bathroom.

"Where is Logan?" I ask.

"Still kidnapped, I haven't seen him." James comes over to us.

"Hey Mel, you ok?" He asks, looking at my ankle.

"All better thanks to miss nurse." I say referring to Lily. They laugh.

"A sexy nurse at that." James winks at Lily making her giggle.

"You can stay with us till you find Logan if you want." Lily turns to me.

"Sure." We go and sit down on the couch. Oh gosh I feel like a third wheel. After twenty minutes of sitting there awkwardly while James and Lily were making out and flirting I left to mingle with the models that also disliked Ashleigh. Daren was here as well and it was good to chat with him. Bree, Sammy and Lily came and got me when it was ten minutes to midnight. We sat down with Kendall, James and Carlos. Logan was still missing though. It was at that moment I found him.

He was with Ashleigh.

And they looked pretty friendly.

Too friendly.

"Oh God." I say, causing everyone to look at them. "Oh God." I say again.

I look to see Bree clenching her fists. When I look back I couldn't see Logan's face, only the back of Ashleigh's head.

They were kissing.

A tear rolls down my cheek. How could he?! He said he loved me. I put my head in my hands.

"That asshole!" Lily yells. Everyone looks at her. I have never heard her swear before in my entire life. I look back at Logan who is looking at me. I stand up and run outside, ignoring the gut wrenching pain in my ankle. Once I'm outside I scream in agony then continue to limp/run.

"Babe wait!" Logan calls from behind me.

"Don't you 'babe' me!" I yell.

"Mel. It-It's not what it looks like."

"Logan, that was Ashleigh. The one that shoved me into a desk and poured a bucket of water over me on my first day of school. The one that has been giving me crap all year." He grimaces.

"Let me explain."

"There is nothing to explain! You we're kissing her! I don't need to hear the shit you have to say to make me feel worse!" My anger was coming out.

"You said you don't swear."

"Only when I'm angry or hurt."

"Listen-"

"No."

"Your not letting me explain!" Logan yells at me, I whimper.

"I'm leaving." I turn around. Logan grips my arm tightly. I pull my arm out of his grip only to feel his nails rake down my arm. I gasp in pain and look at my arm. Blood was just starting to trickle out of the fresh cuts. I hear the fire works go off.

"Happy New Year Logan. I hope you enjoy it without me." With that I let the rest of my tears flow and I ran halfway home until I felt my ankle snap.

--------------------

A/N: I found this really sad to write, like OMG! I don't know how I did it. Ok people, my few goal for Found in the Crowd is... 1500 reads. Can we get there? :D I hope you enjoyed this less sweet chapter. :)

~Melody~

A note from Bree: Hey!! OMERGWASH! I was l literally like, crying at the end!!

Love Bree xxx