Chapter 6: Unexpected Surprise

Melody's P.O.V:

Five minutes pass. Sammy still hasn't come back. I text my mum to tell her what had happened and that I would be home a bit later than expected. She was happy for me and told me not to get drunk. I laughed internally at that. Who knows what I would say if I got drunk. "Hello." A voice comes from behind me. I spin around in my chair to be facing Logan Henderson.

"Um. Hi," I said shyly, fighting back the scream of excitement that wanted to slip out of my mouth.

"I noticed you looked kinda lonely. I'm Logan."

"I'm Melody. Would it be weird to say I already knew your name?" I nervously giggled.

"As long as I can say the same. Sammy really likes you."

"Yeah, I like her too. She is really fun." I look down at my feet, not sure what to say.

"So did you enjoy the concert?" Logan asks.

"Of course! It was the best!" I smile at Logan, and he smiles back.

"I hear that you go to the same school as Sammy, what a coincidence. I guess Sammy won't be leaving your side now."

"Good. I don't want her to. Although she will have to put up with my two besties."

"Who are your besties?"

"Lily and Bree. They moved to America with me." From then on Logan's questions came nonstop. I told him all about how Bree's mum, Lily's mum and my mum got a job offer in America and how we had to leave our friends and families behind. How I hadn't made any new friends till now.

"Wait. So you live with your mum, dad, sister and cat. And your best friends are your neighbours. That is so cool."

"Yeah. I guess it is." I don't bother saying that I didn't live with my dad and that the man I live with is actually my stepdad. My dad died when I was seven.

"Enough about me. Let's hear more about you." I change the subject to avoid getting upset about my messy family life.

"Ok. What do you want to know?"

"Who do you live with?"

"Well I live by myself, but the boys are my neighbours, and we have this "party" house that we share."

"Wow."

"We stay there often. You will have to come over and visit the party house."

"Really? You would invite me over to your guys' place?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't we?"

"I may seem like I am normal currently, but on the inside, I am just about dead from your presence." I laugh at myself nervously. So does Logan.

"Good because the same goes for me." He holds out his hand. "Pass me your phone." I give him my phone after unlocking it. He taps for a quick moment, invites me to take a photo with him, and then taps again. "There." He hands me my phone. I look at what he had left up on the screen. It was a contact labelled 'Logie'. Just then my phone vibrated, and a text from Logan came.

Text Convo:

Logie: 'Hey cutie. ;)'

Melody: 'How did you get my number?'

Logie: 'Sent a text to myself :P'

I scroll up to see the photo of us sent to his phone. I look up to see Logan looking at me smiling. I smile back. Sammy comes over with the rest of BTR. Everyone holds up their phones wanting my contact.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. You shall be joining the BTR bestie club." Sammy says coming over to give me a hug.

"And who else is in this club besides all of you guys?"

"Erin, Ciara, Malese and Katelyn." I get out my phone and give it to Sammy who hands me hers, Kendall's, James' and Carlos' phones. I scroll through my new contacts when we are all done exchanging numbers.

"I better get going. It's getting late." I say sadly. I wish I didn't have to go, but I was going to fall asleep while driving if I didn't leave soon.

"Yeah me too," Sammy says. I stand up.

"It was really nice to meet you all tonight. See you later."

"Wait! We need a group photo for Instagram!" Carlos said. We took the photo. Logan wrapped his arm around my waist.

"What is your username?" Kendall asked.

"@melody_btr_twi," I said blushing. They didn't laugh like I expected them to. "Twi? As in Twilight?" James asked.

"Yes," I said, blushing more. Sammy squealed.

"She's perfect!" She kissed me on the cheek, and I laughed at her response. "Ok. Let's go."

"See ya!" We said at the same time. Sammy takes me to the parking lot.

"So?" She asks.

"So?"

"How was it?"

"Honestly... It was amazing. I can't thank you enough."

"Well here's my car. See ya."

"Bye Sammy!" I hug her, find my car and drive home.

--------------------

A/N: Ok people, I am starting a new thing called 'A note from Bree' which will be a comment or message from her. Also I would like for you to go and follow her,@bananagirl88, you may have seen me mention her throughout the chapter's author's notes. Also Bree is in the story, :P. Love you guys!

~ Melody ~

A note from Bree: Bree here! Mel's bestie for life!! Hehe. Love ya Melody! Guys, this is the best. story. EVER!!! hehe. I have my own personal space. YAY!!!

UPDATED A/N 2022: Bree and I are still besties IRL. Like I said in the previous chapter, she is now @thegirlwhoswriting. Not much else to say about this chapter. Just classic cringe.