Chapter 9: Model

Chapter 9: Model

The next morning I woke up being poked in the face. "What do you want Gracie?" I say to my cat.

"Well, I would like a million dollars and for you to call me Sammy since that is my name." I sit up instantly hearing the human voice, expecting a meow. I hold my hand to my heart.

"How the heck did you get into my house?" I half yell out of shock.

"Your mom let me in." I glance at my clock. 7 am.

"What are you doing at my house at seven in the morning?"

"I'm going to take you to work because we need a new ... worker!"

"And where exactly do you work?"

"Well I'm a model at L.A. Models, my partner recently quit."

"Hold up, I can't be a model, I'm not model material! Plus I don't think I am tall enough!" I stand up to show her what I mean. I am super short for my age.

"L.A. Models have petite models you know? I am one." Sammy stands up as well. She is about half an inch taller than me. "Please please please be a model with me!"

"Fine!" I throw my hands up in the air in defeat. "When do we leave?"

"Hour and a half." Sammy pushes me into the bathroom and shuts the door. I have a shower and wash my hair. I get out and wrap a towel around myself. Once I finish drying my hair, I go out into my room to find Sammy has set out an outfit for me. I laugh and put on the aqua blue strapless dress and wedges. I put on a little make-up and leave the room. Sammy is in the kitchen.

"Do you want something to eat?" I ask as I go to the cupboard to get some cornflakes.

"No thanks, models don't eat," Sammy says seriously. "Nah I'm kidding, sure." We laugh, and I pour her a bowl of cereal. Once we have eaten we go and brush our teeth, Sammy had a toothbrush in her bag, and leave. When in the car I look over to see what Sammy's wearing. She also has a strapless dress on, but it is purple and matching wedges.

"Did you coordinate our clothes to be the same but different colours?" I ask.

"Haha. No actually. I didn't intend to anyway." As we start to get closer to the L.A. Model's building, I get more nervous. What if they don't like me? What if I'm not pretty enough? What if the other girls are all stuck up and mean? Sammy parks outside and gets out of the car, so I do the same. A few paparazzi come over and snap some pictures.

"Hey, it's Carlos' girlfriend!" One of them yells running over to us.

"Who's that chick you're with Samantha?" Another one yells. I look at Sammy for help as we walk up to the guarded door. When we reach the entrance, Sammy turns around to face the paparazzi.

"This is the newest member of the BTR besties club. Don't you guys check Instagram?" She simply says and pulls me into the building. I don't have time to study my surroundings as Sammy pulls me up to the front desk. "Hey Rachel, I have a friend who can replace Heather." I gather Heather is her old partner that quit. Sammy says her name with bitterness.

"Hi, I'm Melody," I say when Sammy nudges me to talk.

"Hello. Go up and see Darren then." Sammy pulls me away yet again and over to an elevator. When we reach the office of Darren George, Sammy knocks on the door.

"Come in!" A male voice calls from behind the door.

"Darren, I know you have been stressing about finding a replacement for Heather. But I believe I have found her." Sammy pushes me forward for Darren to see. "This is Melody. She is the same age as me and goes to my school. She is also my best friend." Darren looks up, his face tired from lack of sleep and black hair messed up from combing his fingers through it.