Chapter 16

This starts from when dalton leaves the door whilst he is fighting the wolves. This chapter add a bit more background information but is a filler chapter. I will try and upload again before the end of the week. Anyway. Enjoy. Vote comment and fan. I hope you like it! x

Daltons P.O.V

Werewolves.

Even thinking the word stirred the lifelong pain hidden at my core.

I could feel my eyes turning as I started shooting at the wolves surrounding me. They dare come to my house and attack me and Astrix. Innocent Astrix who was frozen in fear inside the house. I could not let them harm her. Not like before. I won’t let that happen again.

As hard as I tried to push the memories away they wouldn’t leave my mind. I was fighting physically but mentally I was 46 years in the past. Long before I met Astrix I lived in our cottage with my family. I was 29 years old yet I looked 18. I thought I knew everything and being a warlock I had centuries ahead of me to see the world and cause all the havoc I wanted to. I had my family at my back and nothing could stop me.

Warlocks do not age as humans. Although I lived in a human community they believed that I was 18 and had just finished upper school but in reality I had finished school many years ago. It only took a few memory charms every year to keep the peace and stop them from wondering why me and my family never age.

We were happy. Getting on with life. Teaching me the vast knowledge that comes with being a warlock. I was learning spells. History. The hierarchy of the hidden world. Every day was a new adventure.

Until they came. Werewolves.

They saw my family as a threat and wanted our land that had been in my family for centuries. They came during the night just after a grand celebration so we were at our weakest. They killed my grandparents first as they were the most powerful. Ripping them to pieces before they could let off any spells of protection.

Then they went after my parents. They were hundreds of years old and were still formidable foes but they could not kill as many before they too were killed. Overwhelmed by the mass of wolves attacking them. They killed my siblings next as I watched. I tried to fight and I was killing and harming as many as I could but there were too many. I saw one go for my sister and my hold on my power broke. I was on the brink of a power upgrade that happens from time to time and the attack brought it on. Energy leapt from my hands attacking all of the wolves. They were all dead in moments.

I ran to my sister but was too late. She was dying. I held her as she breathed her last breath and promised her and myself that I would hunt down the rest of the pack that had killed my family and that I would never let this happen again.

The hatred grew.

I spent 10 years killing off the rest of the pack before finally deciding to move back into my family home. I started off my life again. Learning magic and continuing with life.

Then Astrix’s mother ran into the clearing and gave me a baby girl to look after several years later. She gave me a reason to pursue life again. I had been going through the motions, living just because I had to. Finally I had someone who needed me to live.

I stopped practising magic as Astrix was human. She could not survive in my world and I didn’t mind leaving it. I would sometimes have to perform a spell to prevent the build-up of magic but it would happen rarely and I would always do it at night when Astrix was asleep and couldn’t see.

My life was finally going good again.

And I was not about to let these wolves ruin it.

I fought with all I was worth. Slashing with my blade and shooting them until I ran out of energy. And then I saw it. Astrix being stalked by the wolves. All I could see was my sister being attacked again. I couldn’t let it happen. Yet again I let the energy leave me. Attacking the wolf about to hurt Astrix. Not allowing her to get harmed. Not thinking about the danger I was now putting her in by her seeing me life this.

I kept fighting the other wolves. Stopping them from harming her when I saw her fall to the ground. A wolf had crept up behind her and had her arm in his jaw. I couldn’t shoot the wolf with my magic. It might hit Astrix. So I began rushing over to save her.

When she shifted.

The fight took only moments. Then there was a pure white wolf standing where Astrix used to be.

Astrix was a werewolf.

Astrix was my enemy.

I could hear no reason that was shouting through my head that this was Astrix. The girl I loved.

All I could see was my dead family. Killed by wolves.

My hand rose with the blade in it pointing towards Astrix without a thought. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t act. All I could think was monster.

The wolf looked at me. I saw a tear roll down its snout just before it turned and ran back into the forest.

I couldn’t move. Astrix was a werewolf. My Astrix. She was a killer.