Chapter 5

kind of a filler chapter but it should get more interesting in the next few chapters. anyway vote comment and fan! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Astrix’s P.O.V

I think I may have angered Dalton once too often this time. He hasn’t spoken a word to me since he entered the school and said he would deal with me later. He went straight into the heads office and came out five minutes later walking towards the parking lot without telling me anything. The trip home was silent too. I tried to talk to him but I couldn’t think of anything to say. I tried to make him talk to me by turning the radio up too high but he just ignored it and continued driving.

He opened his door and went into the house. I couldn’t take it anymore. I ran over to him and jumped on his back wrapping my legs around his waist and hugging my arms around his neck. I hid my face into the back of his head and began to cry out in sorry continuously. Tears sprang to my eyes and started running down my face at the thought of Dalton hating me.

He just stood there for a minute before walking into the front room and sitting on the couch with me still on his back. He then unwound my arms and legs and stood up to turn and face me. He crouched down in front of me and wiped his hand across my cheek removing the tears there. He still looked upset from earlier but his eyes also showed anguish that I had cried.

‘Why did you do it?’ he asked me softly whilst rubbing a tissue he found in his pocket along the tear tracks.

‘Mrs Epply is really nasty and she upset Sadie so we thought we would get our own back on her’ I said in a rush before he cut me off with a hand gently placed over my mouth.

‘No not why did you do that to the teacher. Why today? On your first day back? The head was seriously considering kicking you out of the school as you don’t officially have to go anymore. It took a lot of convincing to him for you to be able to stay’ he looked me in the eye as he was talking and I saw the truth of what he said. I nearly ruined my education if Dalton hadn’t been there to save me. The head masters silence earlier took on a whole new meaning.

‘He will let you stay if you stop all together with the pranks and fooling around. Otherwise you will have to find another school to go to and I don’t think there will be many who will take a girl who didn’t do any of her final exams.’

I nodded my head and meant it. I didn’t want to get kicked out, I needed my education. And what if they kicked Sadie and Anna out too. I would ruin their lives.

As I was contemplating this the doorbell went off. Dalton went to get it and came back a few moments later with Anna and Louis following behind him.

 Why was Louis here? I thought to myself.

How the hell would I know? The voice inside my head replied. I have had this voice in my head as long as I can remember at it annoys me frequently.

Shut up! I thought I told you to pack up and leave me alone! I told it in frustration.

Oh yeah? And what would you do without me pipsqueak? Who is there when you need someone to talk to? Who is the one who helps give the final tweaks to your master plans?

She had a point. She did help me out a lot I thought grudgingly.

While I had been talking to myself Anna had crossed the room and was now in front of me hugging me tightly. She always had been over emotional, ever since I had known her. I hugged her back realising that she would have known that I had almost been kicked out. She was extremely clever so it would have been easy for her to have put two and two together.

I gave her a big smile and told her there was nothing to worry about. I guess my words helped as she took a big breath and then lit up with a breath taking smile. Anna was just as good looking as her twin Sadie and had just as many boys following her around. I saw her give Louis the same smile and then look away embarrassed. I looked at her in confusion and her cheeks lit up as red as tomatoes.

Realisation hit me and I suddenly had an idea of why Louis was round my house with Anna. Anna liked Louis. She always was fast at falling in love. I hoped it worked out for her.

I turned towards Louis to find him staring at me. I gave him a smile so that he stopped worrying and his smile grew. They would make a good couple. Maybe I should try and hook them up.

Anna’s phone abruptly went off breaking the comfortable silence that had filled the room. She looked at the caller id and frowned and then placed the phone to her ear.

‘Yes mum?’ she asked still looking confused. The look suddenly turned to one of pleading ‘but mum can I not stay out a little longer. I want to hang out at Astrix’s’ her mum sounded more angry now. I’m guessing she wasn’t pleased I had gotten her daughter in trouble. Again.

Anna hung up the phone looking sad. ‘I have to go. My mum says she wants me back their right away. I’m sorry Louis but I won’t be able to show you around now. I don’t think I even have time to drop you home.’

‘Don’t worry about it. I’m sure we can go have a look around some other time. And I can walk home from here. I don’t think it’s that far’

I cut in ‘no I can drop you off home. And Anna you can show him around tomorrow if your mum allows you to, just don’t tell her that you will be seeing me and I’m sure you will be allowed’ she nodded and then hurried to leave so that her mum didn’t have a go at her for dawdling. I looked towards Louis to see him standing at the door of the front room awkwardly.

‘You can come sit down you know. I don’t bite. Well much’ he gave a laugh at this and walked over to sit down next to me. ‘I can’t take you home straight away as I think Dalton may have taken my car keys as punishment for what happened at school earlier. And he appears to have gone out to the store at the minute so we will just have to wait. We could get to know each other?’ I asked

He nodded a little too vigorously and I gave him a frown. That was slightly odd but I swatted the thought away. He just wanted a friend in this new town.

After talking for fifteen minutes we were laughing our heads of at some of the stupid things I had done over the years. Dalton walked through the door and stuck his head into the front room telling us he was back and asking if Louis wanted to stay for dinner.