Chapter 3

two chaps in one day but i felt like writing and they are quite short. im hopefully gonn continue with this story. so vote and comment and fan!!! :D hope you enjoy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Astrix’s P.O.V

‘You’re cooking sucks Dalton. Bye’ I yelled as I left the house. He knows I’m just kidding, his cooking is amazing. I walked over to my Lexus LS 600h and stroked the hood. She was a beautiful car and unlike Sadie I would not total her for fun. Now stealing someone else ride and totalling it, that I’m up for.

It only took five minutes to drive to Sadie and Anna’s house. They live a few roads away from my house although my house is pretty secluded; I live in a clearing in the woods. The school was a few towns over and took twenty minutes to get there by car but it was the closest school around.

Technically I have finished school already but I missed my exams last year due to being in hospital after falling off a motor bike, cracking my skull and breaking my writing arm. So I have to re do my last year so that I get the results I need to go to the university I want to go to. I may be a troublemaker but I do take my exams seriously.

All the way there Sadie filled me in on the ‘hot shirtless guys’ that were in Hawaii. I tuned her out after a while and my brain flickered back to fantasising about Dalton. I mentally shook myself get a grip! The school buildings suddenly became visible through my windshield. Its grey and brown square brick walls made the place look more like a prison than a school but this place wasn’t quite bad. The teachers were nasty but I learnt to ignore them, and tape dead animals to the underside of their desks if they gave me detention or where, in my opinion, unfair. All the wild pranks me and Sadie would get up to this year brought a wicked smile to my face. Turning towards Sadie I saw the same smile mirrored on her face.

There was a sigh from the back of the car. ‘If you guys are going to get into more trouble this year I do not want any part of it you hear me? I want my record spotless. You are on your own’ Anna lectured us but we tuned her out. She wouldn’t let her sister get in trouble without doing her best to get her out of it first. He gave us the same speech every year, well every term. Never lasted long.

I pulled into my parking space outside of the school. Even though the parking lot was almost full this spot was always empty for my car. Has been for three years now. The last time someone parked in my space they came out of school to find the car to have miraculously turned puke green with bright pink paint plashed all over it and the front windows bust in. no one could prove it was me, so they invested in CCTV outside of the school.

I left Sadie and Anna to make their own way to their classes; they are a year younger than me so they didn’t have to retake a year like myself. The reception was white and boring. I’m surprised the receptionist hasn’t lost her mind from staring at four white walls every week day.

All of a sudden I felt pain as something collided with my chest, and then there was a bump and an OW! I looked down to see a brown haired boy sprawled out on the floor in front of me. The papers he had been holding drifting around in the air above his head. I couldn’t see his face clearly as he had his hands over his nose and was moaning in a nasally voice.

I reached a hand down and grabbed his shoulder to pull him up onto his feet. That must have startled him as he stepped back without steadying himself and fell back onto the floor with a louder bump. I couldn’t contain my burst of laughter at that. The guy on the floor looked up at me with a confused look on his face before he too started laughing.

After a while we stopped laughing due to the lack of oxygen getting to our lungs. I helped him stand up again and this time he didn’t fall.

‘What’s your name kid?’ I asked as I began helping him to collect all of his paper he had dropped. He wouldn’t look me straight in the face after the laughing and I was wondering if he had hurt himself more than he had let on. He murmured a reply that sounded like Louis. ‘Your names Louis?’ he nodded ‘how’s your butt?’

He looked up at me startled by my question a small blush rising on his cheeks. He took a deep breath and answered with a calm voice that sounded slightly melodic. ‘Yeah I’m fine. Sorry bout before, I wasn’t looking where I was going. I’m new here so I was too busy looking at the map then at the people coming towards me’

I nodded in understanding ‘right Louis well come with me to reception so I can go get my timetable and then I will show you around’ he looked relieved and nodded.

We made our way to reception and with a few well-placed subtle threats of school destruction she happily changes my locker so I was next to Sadie and gave me my schedule. Louis just stood there looking out of place during the talk.

I turned to him as we left the office. He had dark brown hair and eyes. His skin had a light tan to it. He wasn’t muscular but wasn’t too skinny either. He looked around 18 but I couldn’t be sure. There was something off about him but I couldn’t put my finger on it so I pushed it to the back of my mind to think about it later. I’m sure it will come to me. Whilst I was giving him a once over I noticed something and had to hide my chuckle. I wonder how long that’s been like that. We reached his first lesson and stopped by the door.

‘So this is your stop. Have a good chemistry lesson, if she gives you any trouble then tell her your friends with Alexis Morningstar’ I said thinking about last year when she had yelled at me in class so I covered her chalk board in washing up liquid. She never quite got over it. ‘Actually don’t do that, it may just get you into more trouble’ I told his after considering it thoroughly. ‘Oh and one more thing’, I bent down and whispered in his ear so no one else could hear ‘you’ve tucked your shirt into your pants at the side’

I turned around and heard him gasp and fumble around behind me. I made it around the corner before I cracked up laughing again.