Chapter 18

Daltons P.O.V *after chapter 16*

Cold.

All I could feel was cold. Not the temperature. I felt cold inside.

The scenes from moments ago tormented me as well as the memories of my family from the past.

How could she be a werewolf?

I didn’t notice the man walking out of the forest coming towards me. I didn’t notice his hand rose towards my face. I did notice the slap thought.

The slap knocked me out of my past into the present. Standing in front of me was a man whose aura was so bright it lightened up the clearing. It was hard to look at him straight on in fear of becoming blind from the light. No human would be able to see his light but I was not human.

He was wearing a green cloak that seemed to be made of leaves. He was bare foot yet he didn’t seem too poor to own shoes. He radiated power and wealth; he just didn’t use it to buy petty things. He seemed like a man to be at peace with nature.

He wasn’t very peaceful right now.

His eyes were white. Pure white radiating his inner power. His hair moved by the power he was leaking out of his body causing the weather to turn bleak. Wind pounded through the clearing, rain pelted down on our heads, the earth trembled slightly beneath our feet, the sky flashed and boomed, the trees swayed under the vicious weather.

A very, very angry, powerful fairy stood in front of me.

And I didn’t care. I couldn’t care. I was numb.

Another slap ran across my cheek, then another across my other cheek.

My anger was peaking through the numbness that had enveloped my body. What was this fairies problem?

He went to slap me again but I caught his hand. We stood there glaring at each other for a while before the weather started to calm and a saw his eyes begin to fleck with blue. His hand relaxed in my grip.

I released his hand and took a step back. ‘What do you want fairy?’

He looked at me for a moment as if assessing what he saw. His face had no expression and I could not tell what he was thinking. ‘Are you deliberately being rude or have you shut yourself off from our world for so long that you have forgotten everything?’ he asked me. I stood there dumbfounded. What was he speaking about?

He let out the air from his lungs in a sigh. ‘I am Arethusa Faylinn, Prince of Aelfric. And it is my daughter who you have just sent off crying into the forest young warlock.’

Yet again I could not speak. He was the prince of the fairies, nymphs, trolls, all woodland creatures. And his daughter was Astrix? No he must be mistaken. She was a werewolf!

‘I think you are mistaken your highness. Astrix is a werewolf not a fairy.’ I state.

He lets out a light chuckle. It almost sounded condescending. ‘She is both. Her mother was a werewolf. He woman you saw die 19 years ago running with Astrix through the forest. She was my mate. She was proclaimed to another. A b*****d of a man who used her father’s pack for his own gain. When he met his mate he tried to have Astrix’s mother sent away on a death mission where she met me. And along came Astrix. Long story short he killed her

‘So Astrix is both fairy and werewolf. And you have just broken her heart and sent her running into the forest alone when you know there are enemy wolves out there. Her own mate sent her running. What a lovely mate you are. If it wasn’t for that fact, I could have you killed right now.’ He said in an offhand voice. He almost sounded bored as if the topic was uninterested to him.