Chapter 24

3 years past from that fateful day. 3 years of sadness and hardship as the families of those killed in the battle had to pick up the pieces and try to make a life out of what was left. Dalton watched as families mourned and lent a hand as the pack regrouped to remove all traces of it's previous tyrants.

He woke to the howls of wolves in a lonely house. No longer was her footfall heard as she would fall out of bed or the scream as she would stab her foot on the table. Dalton looked around the room  as he finished taping the last box and a small smile spread over his face at the memories the house had.

A blur smashed open the front door and knocked dalton on his back while a laugh escaped his mouth. Amelia kicked and screamed as her daddy held her down to the floor and tickeled her. Dalton knew Astrix was waiting for him in the car complaining he was taking too long and that her pregnant butt could have reached the pack house already if he would hurry up but Dalton couldn't resist spending a little time looking around reminising old memories of the house before they would move forever. Memories of the months he spent sat next to her bed whilst she laid battered and unconscious healing, the moment she finally opened her beautiful eyes and told him she loved him, their wedding, the birth of Amelia. It all rushed past him in a flash and knocked him breathless. If Astrix hadn't of made it after the fight Dalton couldn't imagine what would of happened to him but he wouldn't think of them. He was moving into the pack house with his mate and children and they were going to live happily ever after. He was sure of it.