Chapter 2

hey please vote and comment. dont be a ghost reader! i cant get better if i dont get helpful critisisms. anyway... chapter 2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

19 years later

Astrix’s  P.O.V

‘DALTON!’ I screamed at the top of my voice. He would have been able to hear me if I had just spoken but where is the fun in that? And this was an emergency.

I hear crashing in the other room and running feet. Dalton comes crashing into the room holding a frying pan in one hand and an egg in the other. ‘What?? What is it? Are you harmed?’ he asks in a frantic rush looking around for any danger.

I point at the bathtub from my spot standing on the toilet. ‘It’s in there!’ I squeak. Dalton looks over the bath and then gives me a confused look.

‘You are screaming bloody murder and standing on top of a toilet because … of this tiny spider?’ he lifts the spider out of the bath and shows it to me. I scream again and smack at his hand causing the spider to fly through the air… onto Dalton’s head. It began scurrying away to hide under his long wavy brown hair. I grabbed for the nearest thing and hit him continuously over the head with it.

‘Ouch! Stop! Stop! Stop hitting me with that bleeding toilet plunger!’ he yelled as he dodged my attempts to keep hitting him. He ran his hand through his hair and retrieved half of the spider. One of my hits must have reached its target.

He looked at the dismembered spider with disgust. ‘There are now dead spider guts in my hair’ he commented calmly. Then being the child that he is he proceeded to rub the dead spider from his hand onto my clean tee shirt.

I screamed again and hit him with the toilet brush. He raised the frying pan at me and got into a fighting stance. We stood like that with blank faces before cracking up laughing. We continued laughing until I noticed the object he still had in his left hand. ‘Erm Dalton? I know you are this great fighter and everything but, how much damage do you think an egg would do?’

He looked at me in confusion before he realised what I was talking about. Chuckling he answered ‘I was making breakfast before I heard you scream and picked up the closest things to me’

‘And you thought you could save me from attackers by what? Threatening to egg them?’ I asked laughing at his logic.

‘At least I didn’t scream my head of at a tiny spider in the bathtub!’ he countered. This continued as we walked into the kitchen. We had always argued like this since I can remember. Dalton’s not my dad but he looks after me and lets me live here. Were really good friends but he is still the adult in charge. Or so he likes to think.

I’ve lived with Dalton since I was little. I asked about my mum once but all I was told was that she was dead and that he was asked to look after me by her as her last wish. I didn’t ask any more than that. He looked so sad to talk about her. I wonder sometimes how he knew her as there aren’t any pictures around the house of any women that I have seen.

I sat at the table as Dalton went back to cooking breakfast. He believes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and makes sure I eat it before I go to school every morning. I watched him from the table.  The muscles of his arms flexing as he cooked. His hair drifting down into his eyes when he leans forward. His stomach muscles tensing as he reached up into a cupboard.

I turned away before I could start to drool. He is hot but he’s my guardian and it is wrong for me to think of him like that. But still I can’t help but turn my head back and look at his face. His dark brown hair that looks black in certain lights. His deep chocolate brown eyes that burn when he is emotional. His strong seductive voice that turn women to jelly with an innocent hello. He towers over me due to his 6ft 5 height but it just makes him more attractive to me.

The phone rings from in the hall way creating the distraction that I needed. Sadie’s voice yells down the phone at making a smile automatically climb onto my face. She always yells hello. She says it’s because her aunt in Texas who is partially deaf miss heard her once and thought she was calling to ask for Jell-O and two weeks later a box of Jell-O appeared in the post. She never did get over that.

Sadie wanted me to pick her and her twin Anna up on the way to school tomorrow as she had ‘accidently’ totalled her car yesterday at a dirt track. Her mum was getting it fixed but had told her she wouldn’t be getting it back for a long time so they needed a lift. I didn’t mind. They are my best friends so I would do anything for them and it just meant we had more time to catch up from their trip to Hawaii with their parents they just spent a month at. And the whole totalled car thing? We had done so much worse in comparison. We always seem to get into trouble me and Sadie. Luckily she has her level headed twin that gets us out of it.

Ah my besties are back, a new term of school is here and this is our last year in the hell they named school. This is going to be fun.