Chapter 11

Dedicated to my bestest friend ever who is always supporting me: Sadie the ninja squirrel!!!

Daltons P.O.V

She ran away.

I mean I could understand why she would run away but we needed to talk. I was still angry about that Louis boys actions. The next time I see him he is going to wish he never hurt Astrix. When I came into the front room earlier to ask if they needed any help clearing up after the party I didn’t expect to see them two kissing. But it only took a moment to notice that Astrix did not like it at all. She was trying desperately to push him away from her. Just thinking about him kissing her made my blood boil.

Me and Astrix haven’t really been speaking much recently but she really tried yesterday to sort us out. And I had to ruin it by kissing her again. Her lips looked so inviting even though there were tears streaking down her face and her nose was red. She still looked beautiful to me. I couldn’t help myself. I had to kiss her. To make her forget all about the other boy.

But she stood up and my thought came crashing back down to earth. I had kissed her. Again. I felt disgusted with myself. How could I have done that to her right after she had just been attacked by the other boy?

She must have seen the disgust on my face as she turned and ran away from me. She misunderstood. I wasn’t disgusted at kissing her but at the timing. I tried to call her back but she wouldn’t listen. She ran into the woods. I didn’t chase after her knowing that she needed her space and I renewed the traps and checked the surrounding area only yesterday so it was safe for her to wander around in.

Why did I kiss her again? I just couldn’t stop myself. I bet she hated me now. I couldn’t live with myself if my selfish actions caused her to hate me.

I had to avoid her recently as my attraction for her kept growing. Even after our incident I just wanted to go to her and beg for her to be with me. I hated the feeling of insecurity. What if she thought I was a disgrace and left me?

I loved her.

I realised the day after we kissed the first time. The pain I knew she was going through that I knew I had caused and couldn’t stop. It caused me to have a revelation of my feelings towards her. I loved her.

I had to explain myself and tell her how I felt. So I sat down in the front room and waited for her to cool off and return. I needed to tell her. Stuff all the problems it would cause. I loved her and needed to know if she would have me.

Astrix’s P.O.V

I heard birds tweeting around me. Had a bird entered my room? Stupid window.

I went to get out of bed but all I managed to do was roll over onto a sharp objects. I let out a hiss of pain and rolled back the other way. The movement confused me. I should have fallen out of bed by now. And where was my cover.

I moved my arms and felt around my surroundings. My hands brushed against leaves and sticks. Why was I outside? Then suddenly the incidents from last night flashed through my mind. Louis. The kiss. Dalton. Our kiss. Me running. The pain. The fur. The light.

I opened my eyes to assess my surroundings only to have to close them again. It was too bright. It was morning. I had slept outside.

‘How are you feeling?’ a melodic voice asked from behind me.

I sat up and turned around faster than I thought was possible. The movements made me dizzy and I had to lean my head against my hands.

‘I will take that as a ‘not so great’ am I right?’ he asked with humour laced through his tone. I looked up to glare at him but my eyes open wide on their own accord.

Sitting on a tree stump was a god. He had the lightest blonde hair I had ever seen. It seemed to be moving in the wind yet there was no wind. His eyes were like blue crystals staring intently at me. His lips were a delicate pink and holding a small smile. His skin was pale and flawless. He was wearing a grey cloak that shimmered slightly in the light.

The wind suddenly decided to blow through the trees and I shivered. Looking down at myself I realised that I was naked. The stranger must have noticed at the same time as he passed me his cloak to wear.

‘Thank you’ I croaked out. I cleared my voice and continued. ‘Who are you?’

‘It’s a shame that we have not met before. I would have loved to have seen you grow up Astrix. You look so much like your mother.’ He answered which continued to confuse me further.

‘That doesn’t really answer my question. It only freaks me out more than I already am. Who are you?’ I asked again.

‘My name is Arethusa Faylinn. I’m sorry to have to drop this on you right now. I’m sure you’re quite shocked and confused from your adventures last night. And this is definitely not how I planned on telling you’ he then mumbled ‘although nothing ever seems to go to plan does it’ then louder ‘but I am your father Astrix’

I sat there for a moment before I began cracking up laughing. ‘My father? Ha wow yeah right dude’ then I continued to laugh. He sat there with no emotion showing on his face.

I was finally able to calm down and stop laughing. ‘Wow. Oh thanks for that. I needed a good laugh. So really who are you? And why are you here? It’s a rather odd place to find someone, in the middle of a forest’

‘Your laugh is exactly like your mothers when I told her I was a fairy prince. You both seem to take serious information so light heartedly. Well she did anyway’ he said to himself in a low voice. But I still heard him.

‘Are you being serious? You’re my dad?’ I asked in a quiet voice. Millions of questions were bubbling up inside trying to escape. I wanted to laugh and scream at him at the same time. But I kept quiet. He nodded and I was finally able to speak.

‘Why now? Why are you coming to see me now?’ I asked.

‘Because you need me. And you are ready for the truth. I’m sorry but it’s not a pretty tale.’

I nodded and waited for him to continue. I could tell that I’m going to be here for a while.