Chapter 29

I walk outside and let the rain fall on my face. I put my head back and run my fingers through my hair. Then next thing I know, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

" Kendra, will you please just come back in and relax. I know where you want to go and it's not a good idea right now." He walks in front of me and wraps his arms around me.

I look up at him and see the worry in his eyes and I know that he's right. " Tyler, I know. I'm just confused right now. I'm confused because I care about Stefan and I'm the one who told him to take this break. Then I'm here with you and enjoying it. I feel guilty."

He grabs my face looking me in the eyes." It's ok to be confused and to enjoy spending time with other people. Right now you are both taking time to find yourselves and what you both want."

I look at him and then decide to just go back inside. He's a lot different than what I thought and I actually like this side of him a lot.

He walks inside with me and walks to the couch and sits down." Come here, sit down."

I sit down next to him and he puts his arms around me. " I promise you that everything will work out. You are amazing and I know that Stefan loves you. I mean who wouldn't?"

I sit back in his arms and let him just rub my head. Then I reach up and kiss his cheek.

* * *

I wake up hours later and see that I'm in my bed now and Tyler is sleeping on the top of my blanket. I rub my eyes and look at the clock. It's 5:00 a.m. I look over and see my phone flashing. I grab it and see 3 missed calls all from Stefan. Right away my heart starts racing. Stefan called me, I thought we were taking time apart. I lay back on the bed and look over at Tyler. He looks so sweet and cute just laying there. Tyler really does have a good heart. I really want to be friends with him.

I look at my phone for a few minutes trying to get up the courage to call Stefan back. I open my phone and call his number. I let it ring but he doesn't pick up. I lay back and close my eyes until I hear a knock at the door. I jump out of bed a little startled. My heart is going crazy right now. I get up and slowly walk to the door. I open the front door and look out in the pouring rain.

                                               Stefans P.O.V

Jasmine looks over at me and grabs my arm." What's wrong with you Stefan? You look like you're going to get sick."

I yank my arm back and close my eyes. I've been doing nothing but thinking about Kendra. I feel sick to my stomach. I want to just get up and break stuff. What the hell did I do? " I look at Jasmine as she backs away. " I just made the biggest mistake of my life." I run my fingers through my hair and pull it back. I look at Jasmine and shake my head. " You came back into my life just to confuse me. Seeing you again brought up old feelings that I've had for you and questions that you left un answered when you ran out of my life. I thought that I was satisfied for a short time of having you suddenly walk back in my life, but I was so wrong. You just came back at the perfect time and showed me that I love Kendra with everything in me. I have just hurt the girl of my dreams because I was blinded by the hurt and pain that you left me in. Now I'm just sitting here next to you feeling empty now that the numbing is gone."

She looks at me with glassy eyes." You have got to be full of shit. You love me Stefan. You can't deny it." She stands up and puts her face in mine. " Look at this face, you miss this face."

I get up and shake my head. " No, I miss Kendra. My heart is hurting more right now just in the short period of time that I've known Kendra than it did the whole time I was with you and then you left. I should've never let you come back. Now I have to beg for her to forgive me. I'm sorry If I hurt you Jasmine, but I am 100% over you. I just needed time to know for sure, you came in my life and I just lost myself. Well now, that I'm here next to you I can feel the emptiness that you would bring me. With Kendra I feel so alive. I'm sorry but please leave. I have to find Kendra."

She takes one last look at me before getting dressed and heading out the door. I walk around the living room calling Kendras phone. I call her three times and she doesn't pick up. I pick up the table and throw it across the room before sitting on the couch with my head in my hands. Shit! I need Kendra.

I grab my keys and run out the door in the pouring rain, it hits hard against my body as I jump in my car and take off. I drive as fast as I can without crashing my car until I finally pull up at the apartment. I sit there with my heart pounding out of my chest until I finally get out of the car and knock on the door. I stand there for a minute waiting for an answer. I turn the other way, and then I hear the door open.