Chapter 13

NO! I'm just not ready for this day to begin. I drag myself out of bed and jump in the shower. My head is still pounding. I sit up and put my head in my hands and sigh. Then I slowly walk to the living room to put my shoes on and I stretch out on the couch for a few minutes before I head out the door . I get ready to walk to my car when I realize that my cars not even here. "Shit."  I run upstairs to try to wake Kelsey up. Her door is cracked open so I open it up and poke my head in her room forgetting that she had people over. I look over and see Kelsey and Sam sleeping on the bed still fully clothed and I look on the floor and see Sams friend rolling over to look at me.

 He clears his throat. "Hey... what time is it?" He looks up at me half asleep.

"Um it's 8:40 a.m... I pause for a few moments and realize that I'm staring." I was going to see if Kelsey would drive me to work because I kinda crashed my car yesterday."

He looks at me and rubs his head as he stands up from under the blanket. As he stands up the blanket falls off leaving him standing there with only his boxers on. I try my hardest to turn the other way but I don't turn fast enough to hide my blushing face.

He just looks at me and laughs. " What? I can't sleep in clothes. Is that a problem?" He turns around and starts searching for his clothes.

I stumble on my words a bit. "No, no not at all. I mean, I'm going to just go call my parents for a ride." I turn and get ready to walk out of the room. Kelsey turns over and snores as she throws a leg over Sam.

He looks over at Kelsey and laughs as he starts putting his clothes on and grabs his keys. "No it's cool, I'm going to take off anyways so I'll just drop you off at work." He walks past me and looks back at me expecting me to follow him.. "Well... you coming or not?"

"Yeah I'm coming." I grab my house key and follow him out the door to his bike. He grabs his helmet and throws it to me." Here put this on. We wouldn't want you to hurt your head again." He gets on and looks at me and then looks at the seat. " Don't be afraid.. I promise I'm a good driver."

 I jump on the back of his bike and grab his shoulders. He grabs my hands and pulls them around his firm chest. " No you have to hold on here." So I wrap my arms around holding on tight, trying to ignore the feel of his chest under my hands.

We start driving for a few minutes in silence." So you going to tell me where you work or should I just drop you off anywhere?" He lets out a laugh as we turn the corner.

 I pull one arm away and point to the left like he can actually see me."Oh yeah... I work at Books For A Lifetime, just a few blocks over."

 He stops the bike at a stop sign and grabs onto my leg to steady me."I know that place. I thought you looked a little familiar. I like to go there and read sometimes when I want to be alone. It's a cool little store."

I look at him and shake my head. "Yeah I guess it's ok." When we finally pull up at the store I quickly hop off the bike.   "Thanks for the ride, You saved me."

He looks at me and winks. " Just remember that if I ever need a favor." He grabs his helmet and throws it on. " I hope to see you later." He gives me a cocky grin and then drives off.

I run inside trying to hurry to make sure that I'm not late again. I walk over to punch in when I see this pretty girl with red hair  putting books away. I walk over to her to see if she needs help.

"Hi, can I help you with something?" She looks at me a little startled.

"Oh.... uh... hi. My name is Mandy. I just started working here yesterday." She puts out her hand to shake mine.