Memories

Memories...

What is it that they say about memories?

You will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory...

The town was paper but the memories were not...

The worst part of holding a memory is not the pain but the loneliness. Memories need to be shared...

But what if the memories become invalid?

What if it fades away?

What if the human who makes the memories fades away too?

Is it still treasurable?

Is it still important?

These memories are what make the people who they are, what will happen if these people loses their memories? Will they still be the same person?

What will I become?

I closed my notebook and looked around me. I am inside my room – our room – the room my husband and I shared for almost three decades. Sa silid na ito, napakaraming alaalang nabuo – mga alaalang akala ko noon ay hindi ko malilimutan dahil imposibleng makalimot ako. I have lived the life I had always been dreaming of. The life every wife would kill for just to have – an almost fairytale marriage, an almost perfect love story.

"My queen..."

I closed my eyes when I heard his voice. I secretly wiped my tears and looked at him with a smile on my face.

"Why are you still up I told you not to wait for me." Hades Vejar sat beside me and kissed my temple. I took his hand and held it. Matagal akong nakatingin sa magkasiklop naming mga kamay. I loved how it feels. I loved how our hands seemed to fit – it's like destiny really made him for me.

Thirty years of being married with each other and still, I think that he's the most amazing man in the world. And I can never ask anything in return. Hades is perfect.

"Can we ask each other questions, Hades?"

"Why? Hindi ka pa ba pagod?"

"Hindi pa. Wala naman akong ginawa dito sa bahay. Wala ang kambal. Wala si Percy, si Tia naman nasa school maghapon. Gianna was here earlier, we just talked all day. Nakakasawa. Si Casiel naman nagpunta dito noong dinner, sinamahan niya akong kumain. Hindi ako napagod. I just missed you and the kids all day."

"You're too sweet, Hera." Muli ay hinalikan niya ako. "What do you wanna ask me?"

"I want to know about your favorite memories of us together." Hinarap ko siya. Hades touched my face like I am the most beautiful woman on earth. Palagi niya akong tinitingnan na para bang wala pang kulubot ang mukha ko o para bang wala pa ring puti ang buhok ko.

"Ah! Siyempre iyong unang beses kitang nakita."

"Iyon ba? Sa living room iyon diba. Iyong first day ng school ko."

"Nope. I saw you a day before that. Kadarating ko lang ng bahay ninyo. Sinalubong ako ni Manang Sioning at dinala sa office ng Papa mo. While we were walking, I had a glimpse of you. You were inside your room, dancing – I guess. You were wearing a white sando and your hair was all over the place and yet, you're the most beautiful woman that moment. That image of you haunted my dreams, My Queen." Hinalikan niya ang palad ko. Humilig ako kay Hades.