Chapter Twenty-Three

                                                                  Faolan's POV

I stood there after that I closed the doors. I reached up to touch my face. Was it strange that I felt... happy? True, he only did a simple touch of moving my hair away and some nuzzling but it made me feel oddly special. Wanted. Cared for. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced down at the gray tiled floors of the dimly lit bathing room. "Why do I feel like this?" I whispered, beginning to feel confusion set in.

Pausing, I reflected again. I knew that I... cared for Verin despite everything that has happened but when did Verin started to care about my well being and feelings? Was he up to something or was he being genuine? I didn't know what to think anymore. He was confusing me when I had been confused about myself already. Honestly, I need a breather to think over myself as a person emotionally and figure out what Verin means to me.

I mean, yes, he was my master and I was his personal slave. That role was established day one whether I wanted it to be or not. Yet, now, there seems to be more to these roles than there should be. I was a personal slave but my master was starting to treat me differently and I can't decide whether I like this change or be horrified of my changes. My master wasn't just my master anymore. He has began to start being, well, Verin.

I let out a soft sigh and put a hand through my long, unkept brown hair. It was starting to reach down to my eyebrows and the nape of my neck. I prefer my hair short but I haven't been very good at keeping appearances lately. Deciding that I had enough to think about for one hour, I walked on the hard tiles to find the large bathing areas in the further back. It didn't matter which direction that I went because they were a lot of them in either direction. Most places have big areas of water for bathing rooms but this place, they have little private rooms for them after the big doors that I went through.

I didn't want to look elsewhere despite the fact that I was told that I was the only one in here. I just wanted to get in, do what I need to do and get out. I also didn't want to keep Verin waiting. I pushed away of the thoughts of Verin before they even began as I reminded myself that I was done with those thoughts for now. I went to the nearest small bathing room area which was at the right of me. I pulled the drape over myself as I entered, where I had to blink a couple of times as this area was brighter than normal with litted torches at, literally, every corner. There was towels set on a table on the left corner and spare clothes of different sizes and genders on these shelves on the wall.

Truthfully, this was a different bathing room than the one that I was in months ago. The other one was more of a bigger pool form than little areas of cleaning areas. The differences are astounding, really. It made me wonder if these were meant for the servants than the royals. It would make a lot of sense if it was.

Shaking my head, I removed my clothing and folded them carefully. They were getting old and bloodied so I would have to change my clothes with the general ones that are in here. Gratefully as I would want to look more presentable than I had been. I noticed there wasn't any under garments for males but I didn't care as I had always prefered commando. Less clothing to worry about when I had shifted. I blinked at the realization of the last part.

I haven't shifted in months. As a wolf, that would be something worrisome since werewolves love to shift and run. I furrowed my eyebrows as I set my clothes down to walk towards the water. Does that mean that I have been tamed? I wondered, not sure if I had liked the idea or not. Or that I've been broken beyond repair that I don't remember being a wolf in general?