Charm them up

We got back in the room and Angela signaled for me to sit. I did as I was told waiting to see what was in the bags. She sat them down on the bed in bent over a little pointing "eny mini miny moe" at the bags than finally chose one.

"Okay Dustin".

She turned around to me smiling.

"This is the one".

She pulled the bag up and took out a Giovanni black material dress. I stared and smiled.

"That's real nice, uh whats the occasion though?".

She shook her head.

"Dustin we have a dinner party to attend as a 'couple', please tell me you read that in the booklet?".

Her hand was on her hip, and she wasn't smiling anymore.

I rubbed my head and sighed.

"Oh Dustin! this is my career here and I don't need you fucking up big opportunity's for me because you feel you do not have to go by the rules Connie sets for you!!".

I said nothing.

"You Mr.Notch really need to see that if you keep fucking up, you'll be out and I, Angela Cantara will be Fortunes new big thing". She stood there waiting for me to reply,

I started to speak but couldn't. She was right. I really needed to pay attention more to certain things.

She put her hands up in defense and headed for the bathroom. I got up and got my suit out the closet as she ran her water in shut the door.

Once she was out I was in than we got everything settled down in headed to the Models Banquet.

Once we got down, a swarm of cameras flashed in our faces. I quickly brushed pass the paparazzi and headed to the bar, thinking Angela was behind me, I looked back seeing her posing for the cameras.

"Damn newbie".

I turned back to the bar.

"Can I get two shots of whiskey?".

I looked back staring at her as she took in the life of stardom. I shook my head in turned back to my drinks that I needed desperately. I drunk one down and before my second, I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Are you the famous Mr.Notch?".

I turned to see a beautiful face.

"Yes, yes I am".

The girl was too familiar but I couldn't place where I knew her from.

"And you are?".

She smiled in turned to Angela in the crowd.

"Seems your lady doesn't know the modeling rules yet no?".

I followed her eyes seeing Angela talking, almost as if it was a interview.

"Shit".

I got up in walked in the crowd of cameras snatching Angela's arm.

"Alright alright, that's enough attention from my girl".

"What the hell Dustin!", she whispered.

I began to pull her off to the dance floor.

"Dustin let me go!". She snapped.

"Let you go, you were there committing model suicide".

I twirled her around in dipped her.

"Your just jealous that they wanted to interview me".

I twirled her around again.

"Right, me Mr.Notch jealous of you, oh please".

She pulled back but I kept grip of her waist.

"I was doing an important interview".

" Yea and they were going to eat your ass up, everything you told them back there, they were going to twist it around and turn it bad but any model would know that".

She stared at me. I grabbed her arms pulling her in close.

"Hold up, is this your first banquet?".

She snatched her arms away.

"I don't know what your talking about!!".

I sighed.

"Come on Ang' , this your first time".

She flared her nostrils and stormed off towards the back. I watched then followed a few minutes later.

She was standing on the balcony staring at the night starry sky. I accompanied her and stared aswell.

I was staring for awhile til I knew she was crying.

"Its okay if you are a virgin to banquets Angela, we all are new to something".

She smiled and sniffed.

I took her chin into my hand and wiped her eyes with my other.

"Thanks".

"Not a problem".

She turned back to the sky.

"This is really beautiful huh?"

"Yes it is".

She noticed I wasn't looking at the sky anymore and my eyes were focused on her. She blushed.

I stared and took her face into my hands, she stared. My heart started to beat fast and she smiled leaning forward to my face. This it it. I leaned closely to capture her lips.

"Uh Dustin I can't".

I opened my eyes.

I was almost on cloud 9.

"What's wrong?".

She stared with sad eyes.

"Its just....".

"Dinner is starting".

We turned to see the familiar face I saw earlier.

"Don't want to start without our fantastic Mr.Notch".

I half smiled and took Angela by the hand.

"Shall we?".

"We shall".