Chapter Seven: The Teacup Bomb.

Authors Note: This is a bigger chapter because I wanted to make up for the not publishing earlier. I'm going to explain a few terms that were used in the Victorian era in which the story was set, and it might be hard to understand them. 

Yellow Parlor: There were numerous sitting rooms in Victorian manors, and they were named according to the color of the room sometimes. 

Breeches: men's pants. 

Sigil: Like a house or family logo or symbol (You know what I'm saying Game of thrones fans

House Stark for the Win. 

.......................

Today I got to meet Black Death- Lea. 

"Are you making any progress with your father?" Lea asked. She was choosing which tea cake to devour while Elizabeth fidgeted beside her. Sarah sat on Lea's right taking a sip of the tea while she conversed with Lady Calliope. The rest of the girls sat in a half moon circle on the left. The older women were taking tea in the Yellow parlor while Sarah arranged for the younger ones to take it in the Garden. They were surrounded by a clusters of carefully planted flowers. They bloomed in various colors and shapes, and Lea's hand itched to touch them.

"I doubt it. Tell her about the letter Beth" Rose said. She was wearing a mint green day gown, her rustic brown hair in a curly chignon covered by a green hat. Beth sighed, her blue eyes held an innate tiredness.

"There's a marriage proposal for me. He's the son of one of my father's associates. My father wants us to meet as soon as I get back in London". Lea stopped chewing the teacake she stuffed in her mouth, wiping her face with a napkin. Her friends shared a warm smile at that.

"I don't think there's harm in meeting the man. He could be nice, and you might want to marry him" Lea said. Beth immediately shook her head, saying "Even if that may be. They're obviously after my dowry. This isn't the first time I've been proposed a marriage by one of my father's business associates. They all want to increase their wealth, and because my dad has no heir and no family The Rochester will legally go to his son in law. And I'm not even a mile away from convincing him to hand it over to me".

Before any of them could reply, Sarah's voice cut through "Griffin!" she called "Come have tea with us!"

Lea turned to see a few men laughing as they passed by. They seemed to be coming back from an afternoon ride. They were wearing riding boots, breeches, and a few of them held riding crops as well. She could recognize a few including Griffin, Robert, Alex--- She spun back in her seat, cheeks burning at the events of a few nights ago.

When dawn hit they had parted ways with awkward goodbyes, and she hadn't seen him since. The men gave sheepish smiles as they approached them. "I don't think we're in appropriate conditions we've had a rather tiresome ride" Griffin said, he was looking at Callie.

"It's alright.We'll bend etiquette today" Sarah said, good naturally "You all must be famished. I'll call for tea and for more chairs".

"Yes" Callie chimed in "Join us". Griffin's smile became besotted, and Lea rolled her eyes at the engaged couple.

Ugh. Their cuteness was disgusting.

He caught her eye, and smiled in greeting "Miss Ambriz. Have you gotten the chance to explore the Layton gardens?" The others started mingling with each other as Sarah signaled Mr Lively. Lea grinned "Some of it" she said "I'd love to do more"

She would regret saying that for a long long time.

She felt Alex's eyes at her, but when she looked at him he was flirting with Lady Calliope's friends. Watching him in daylight was something else entirely. His hair shone under the afternoon sun like glazed wheat. The plain white shirt and breeches sculpting his lean build to perfection. And his smile-- Suddenly Rose elbowed her, causing Lea's cup to fly off the saucer. It hit the grass a meter away with a muffled thunk, rolling a few times before coming to rest. Silence descended around them. She blinked. And blinked again.