Planning

Okay, so I'm really sorry for not updating earlier :[ I've been overloaded with AP work. I hate all the work, it takes up all my time. But I stayed up late because i felt the need, and the urge to write. This is almost a filler chapter, a little change for once.

Anyways, I noticed i had a lot of grammatical errors in previous chapters so sorry if there are any in here, I also hate proofreading.

So Enjoy este capitulo! Adios! :P

8-28-12 alright guys, again if you havent read this before this date, then i suggest you read it. there have been some major changes in this chapter.

So Read! :D

*  *  *  *  *

I shut the door behind me and immediately rushed into my room, falling back onto the downy bed. Only after my body relaxed did I realize just how exhausted I was. I thought back to what happened today.

Leonard claimed that Marianna was last seen in one of the towers at Barbican Estate. But he had no idea if she was still there or not.

A thought occurred to me. What if she’s faking her own kidnapping? Or she’s been killed…

My thoughts trailed away as my eyes slowly slid shut. A moment later a knock on the door was heard. I shuddered awake. Hotel...No. Apartment? I frowned then I remembered. I rushed to the door, wondering who would come to my apartment. It couldn’t be Arthur, he’d just left. Unless he forgot something. I straightened my close and pulled open the door.

“Hey, Art – ! You.” I grimaced. “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk.”

“About what?” I exclaimed as Novosi marched into my apartment and settled on the couch. I shut the door reluctantly and took a seat in the armchair, keeping my distance.

“Marianna. She’s been kidnapped.”

“So I’ve heard,” I muttered. How did he already know this? Had he been listening, or had he known already? What if…? No, he couldn’t have…

“A witness saw a masked figure stab her. They didn’t know what happened after because the figure carted off her body. She either bled to death or she is still alive but suffering.” I held back a gasp. It was just shocking to know that our own sources hadn’t heard of this. When Byron finds out…

“Why are you here then? You’re job is done!” Novosi gave me a stern look.

“That’s not the problem. We need to find her body, confirm she’s dead, or alive and then track down her employees. Like Leonard,” Novosi said, giving me a knowing look. I sighed. “If they get away, then the drug business will expand. Marianna had already begun selling to high school students here and there. The drugs she gives out are much too strong, those few kids have died.”

“I think I might know where to find her,” I said quietly. “Barbican Estate.”

“Leonard?” he asked. I nodded. “It’s a start I guess.”

“I should probably check her factory too, the biggest one. She might not even be kidnapped, just in hiding.”

You? You’re not going anywhere alone,” Novosi stated. I glared at him.

“You cannot tell me what I can and can’t do,” I hissed. “You shouldn’t even be helping me in the first place. Why are you in my house?” I demanded.

“Maybe you don’t like it but think of it as an apology for your arm. It’s for your own good.”

We stared each other down for another minute before I finally looked away. My shoulders drooped in defeat. I don’t know why he was helping me, despite his many reasons, but they were much too vague. Honestly, there was no reason to trust him, but I didn’t want to do this alone. I wanted Adrian to be here. With me. But Byron didn’t want that for whatever reason. I was on my own. It didn’t hurt to have help, did it? Especially help that came from someone whose intentions were completely ambiguous.