Don't Look Back

Okay so, i have major time issues...sorry. But i hope you enjoy this chapter. It's not much although its got more action that the next chapter. I'm still working out some kinks. But anyways, LOVE this chapter. Its an order xD -waves elder wand- :O OMG i canNOT wait for HP 7 >:D MIDNIGHT PREMIER! WHOOT!

*  *  * *

“…shouldn’t have given her so much.”

“I can still fix it,” another voice said defensively.

“Do it soon, or she might die. Wait, shutup, she’s waking up.”

He was right. My mind started to clear up and I could definitely hear well. I felt my body and slowly, I opened my eyes. A pair of bright blue eyes were staring at me. Then I took in the whole face. Adrian.

“I’m leaving, take care of her,” the other voice said in a rush. I heard the door slam shut.

“How you feeling babe?” Involuntarily, I slapped him. “Ouch! I’ll take that as a ‘pretty good’ then.”

“Numagusha,” I grumbled.

“What was that?”

“Numagushi!”

“Oh, food.” There was some shuffling about and then a popping sound. I felt a straw forced through my lips. It was difficult but eventually I was able to take in a sip. One measly sip before it was taken away from me. I smacked my lips together.

“Where am I? What happened?” I spluttered. I took in the familiar white surroundings. I could smell the hygiene of the nurse’s office. There was a guilty look on Adrian’s face. That’s when it dawned on me.

“He poisoned me! Didn’t he?” I yelled in outrage. “That son of a…he poisoned me in gym, pretending he was helping. And then…and then!” I gasped, as I put the pieces together. “He had the nerve to talk about it in class! Why didn’t I see It before?” I mentally slapped myself. Adrian’s hand caught my wrist.

“Don’t slap yourself” Oh, I guess I didn’t do it mentally. “You’ll only make it worse. I had to feed you the best cure I could find before it was too late. The nurse was freaking out, she had no idea what to do with you. But the cure is only temporary, you won’t be okay for forever.”

“But I have and assignment afterschool,” I complained. “I have to be perfect or she’ll find a lion instead!.”

“You are perfect, Tanya,” Adrian said. There was an awkward pause. “I don’t want you to go but I know you have to. Lucky for you, I’m going too, so if anything goes wrong…”

“You’ll be around, I know.” I pushed myself off the cot with Adrian’s help. Only then did I realize just how wimpy I was at that moment. I’d been hurt way too many times this week. After some hesitant steps, Adrian swept me off my feet and carried me to the car.

“Slow poke,” he said, noticing my glare. He dropped me into the passenger seat of his convertible. Byron had given the two of us our own choice cars for everyday use. The black ones were usually for missions.

Adrian leapt over me into the driver’s seat and revved the engine. We sped out of the school’s parking lot. My eyes flashed to the green numbers set into the dashboard.

2:55.

“Drive faster Adrian!” I yelled. He hit the pedal and moments later, we were on the highway, zigzagging through the cars. We arrived in another small town built around a canal. We parked across the foot bridge. I jumped out, strolling along casually while waiting for Adrian to catch up. It was a beautiful day, warm but with a cool breeze.