Volleyball Attack

Okay, for those of you who read this, I'm REALLY sorry about updating so...late and randomly. I'm terrible with timing. It runs in the family. Anyways, heres the second chapter. It may not be that interesting. I'm not sure i even like this story anymore but if you guys do, then i'll keep writing it.

So...enjoy...

******

            I nodded. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry, we're at school. He can't, he won't try anything here." I released the built up tension. Adrian was right. Mr. Novosi turned to face the class. Without hesitation, his eyes caught mine, holding it tenaciously. I stared back defiantly. I knew who he was, and now he knew who I was...unfortunately.

            I saw the flash of recognition and then shock. I guess he didn't really expect me to be so young. Suddenly, his face brightened and he gave me a sunny smile. I faltered. Then I noticed that it hadn't reached his eyes. He was faking. I wondered if he had already started plotting ways to kill me. I knew I was. Mrs. Olaid left the room as Mr. Novosi began pacing up and down the rows.

            "I suppose I should start learning all of your names. Why don’t we go around the class and you tell me your names and something you want me to know about yourselves. Let’s start with you...over there in the corner."

            It wasn't until Adrian shoved me off my stool, having previously nudged me numerous times, before I realized that Novosi, I mean, Mr. Novosi, had been pointing at me. I pulled myself off the floor, peeking over the desk with squinted eyes.

            “I hope I’m not interrupting anything,” he said. Adrian and I glanced at each other, bursting out laughing. He made it sound like we were doing something dirty. “What’s your name?” He looked at me. Oh, crap. He wants my name.

            “Hancock. My name is Hancock.”

            “Interesting,” he said. “And do you have a name you’d preferred to be called?”

            “Everyone calls her Cock!” someone yelled. Adrian snickered, trying to hide. I remembered last year when Lane, the guy who called me Cock, had gotten away with the name ‘Mass’ for the whole year.

I kicked Adrian, hoping he’d shut up. 

            "My name is Lucy," I blurted out, trying to make up for the ‘Hancock’ thing, as I settled into my chair. "I like to listen to rap. It's an important part of my life."

            "Liar!" I cursed mentally at the idiotic boy behind me.

            "Shows what you know Lane!" I said vociferously. "I've been going under a different name to confuse you, and only you, so I could whip your ass!"

            I heard a faint whimper and smirked.

            "Tanya, keep it down." I spun back to the front, glaring with intense antipathy.

            "I told you my name is Lucy."

            "Not according to the seating chart it isn't," Mr. Novosi said. "It's a pretty name. Shall we move on?" The rest of the class went through with their names and disturbingly enough the 'facts' that we were to say just happened to involve 'I'm single' and 'My boyfriend just dumped me, I'm looking for a rebound man.' Mr. Novosi only seemed to be amused as he nodded to the overexcitement of the girls. I didn't see how they couldn't comprehend that he was an assassin. And a teacher.