Beauty Marked part 17

Winrar Forest borders~

We hadn’t stopped, just as Talus had promised. We had walked throughout the day, and watched the sun set. It sounds as though it would be nice… except for the fact I was aching, tired, hungry and annoyed at the man I was following. I tried to ignore looking towards Talus at twilight. His purple eye’s complimented the soft glow of the tired sun in a way that no one could describe if given all the most beautiful words in creation. But I had to ignore it exactly for that reason. Who was I to think about how handsome this man was when he wouldn’t even speak to me, and was only interested in the rin in my pockets?

I had witnessed him kill a man in front of my very eyes, without any hesitation. Truly that had to speak on his character. But somehow despite how much I wanted to tell myself I didn’t care if he liked me due to everything I knew of him the sad, awful truth- was that I did care. So I walked, and struggled behind him, trying to prove something that even I didn’t understand. Refusing to ask for desperately needed breaks.

Now the moon was high into the sky. Night had descended upon us once more as it had when we first met not so long ago. My tired feet and sore body weren’t putting up as much of a fight to continue as I wanted them to. Instead they fought against me, begging me to stop, cease and desist immediately. I looked at my hands trying to distract myself and noticed something…odd. They were not glowing as bright as they usually were. Perhaps my eyes were just tired and I couldn’t interpret their brightness the same? Yes, that had to be it. As much as I had prayed for it the glow of my skin at night never diminished, why would it start now no matter how weary I felt?

“You’re panting.” Talus’ somewhat husky voice broke me from my thoughts. “What?” He stopped in front of me and turned to face me, though not completely, his damn hood up again. “Are you tired? We have been walking for quite a while” “I’m fine.” I assured with an edge. The world around me started to look a bit blurry.  Idiot you’re not fine. my brain scolded. Talus walked over to me, and I took half a step back as he only got closer, and closer with an unceasing approach towards me. “What is it?” I barked somewhat nervous and annoyed. What was he doing? “Stay standing.” He commanded. I didn’t like his tone; I grit my teeth “Stay standing? What’s that suppos-” He nudged my shoulder and my fatigued body could not correct the off balance force.

Before I could even realize what was happening a falling sensation took over and stopped almost as quick as it started. I looked up to Talus, having caught me in his arm before I fell, like a dip in an elegant dance, rather than me just being clumsy and falling. I looked at him, and for the first time in a while, our eyes locked- myself trapped within them. I expected him to start yelling at me, saying I’m weak, or calling me a princess again. But he just held me there half dipped back in his arms never looking away from my eyes.

We said nothing as I indulged in his purple crystal like eyes and he gazed into mine. The warmth from his arms creating a welcomed comfort against my lower back. He began surveying over my features, analyzing each as if committing my face to memory. So I did the same. I worked my way down from his chestnut hair sweeping above his immaculate eyes, to strong cheek bones, the masculine carve of his face, down to his luscious lips where my gaze settled. Why was my heart beating so fast? This was just the same Talus, the same man who did not care about me; nothing different about him. I caught his eyes stealing a view of my own lips. I bit my lower one feeling self conscious. He leaned in even closer towards them with his own lips leading the way.  I felt my crimson blood rise into my cheeks. My embarrassment caught hold of me forcing me to look aside not knowing what to do with myself or with him leaning in closer.  

My looking away seemed to halt everything. In a mere moment he stood me back up straight and cleared his throat. What- had just happened? Had I imagined that he had done all of that? He dusted off his coat as if dusting off what had just happened. “I shouldn’t be able to make you fall.” He said quietly. I almost thought there to be a double meaning to his words but cast that thought aside quickly.