Beauty Marked part 22

A cold that can barely be described. As though floating in a vast of isolated, desolate darkness. Seeing nothing. Feeling nothing. Numb seemingly to my very core. Except for that one feeling, cold. A presence entered my darkness. Something else was here. “Elise,” It called out. What was it speaking? What did that mean? “Elise” the voice repeated. Was it calling for me? Was that my name? It didn’t sound like something I should know personally. I listened to the soothing voice and felt familiarity behind it, but still couldn’t place a name, a face.

Then all of the sudden, warmth. My dark abyss started to crack as a wonderful heat seeped in all around me. It began in my back making its way around my torso in a comforting bliss. The warmth tickled at the back of my legs, as a concentrated heat was against the back of my neck. This beautiful warmth enveloped me and seeped into my core, making its way into my chest. As wonderful as it was, I felt as though I was missing something.

I cursed myself as soon as I thought that, the warmth disappearing as soon as I questioned it. Why question such a wonderful thing? Now I was left cold once again, but this presence was still here. All at once the warmth returned as a feathery touch upon my lips. This warmth was different, almost hesitant if it were possible. I didn’t want a hesitant warmth. It felt so amazing I wanted it to engulf me completely.

I wanted to open my eyes and see what beautiful thing gave me this warmth, but I did not want this feeling to end. I wanted to touch it but my limbs would not move. My lips tingled and a shiver made its way down my spine bringing back the delicious heat along with it. It wasn’t enough. I wanted to be set ablaze by this heat.

I urged the heat with my own lips, pressing my lips back against the feathery touch. There was a moment where nothing changed, but as I wished the feathery touch of warmth lost its hesitancy. As the warmth filled me things started to make sense. Elise was me. That was my name. Could I hold this warmth? I lifted my arms and wrapped them around the warmth, never ceasing the touch of my lips against it, pressing hard, moving my lips to match the caress of the heat. The darkness was dissolving. I realized, I wasn’t dreaming. So then this warmth- I opened my eyes.

My heart began a fast beat when I saw a man, his lips locked with mine. I paused a moment analyzing things. It was Talus. My arms were wrapped around him. I was kissing him. Oh god what was I doing!? I pulled back with a gasp leaving a slightly startled Talus. He looked at me with a glow to his purple eyes. “W-what are you doing?” I asked immediately pulling my hands away from his body and up to my guilty lips.

Talus looked me over. “That’s a great way to thank someone for saving your life.” his voice slightly deeper than I remembered. I was immediately confused and it must have showed because Talus continued, “Your light was going out, your succubus was draining your energy.” “So you- you kissed me?” Talus scooted away from me and crossed his arms. “Succubi get their energy from intimate touch, I didn’t see how else to do it.” My hands stayed upon my lips as I looked at the bedding avoiding eye contact. I had never thought it would happen like this and I wasn’t even really awake for it! “That...was my first kiss” I admitted shyly.

Talus looked at me, “Could have fooled me, you kissed me back pretty hard” I felt the red rush into my cheeks at that. “I-I’m sorry I didn’t know what was happening. It’s not like I would have had I been awake.” Talus shrugged, “So I’m not a prince charming, not like that’s something I didn’t know already.” “No, It’s not that!” I couldn’t stop myself. Talus looked at me curiously, “Then what? Is it because I’m your guide? Because I could understand-” “I saw you kissing Rae!” Burst out of my lips.

And there’s the foolish thing that I had hoped I wouldn’t say, but no, my stupid mouth just decided to continue. “I know she kissed you when we arrived to enslave you, but you followed her out of the room after I was asleep and then- so I understand, I mean I wouldn’t want to cause any complications between you two.” Talus looked at me with a blank expression “Princess, are you sure you're a succubus?” The question caught me off guard and ceased my babbling, “huh? why?”