Chapter 12 - Ryuu Sin Part Four

 The air sung as the figures flew past with incredible speed. They were so large, the fiery red of their scales contrasting with the dark gray of the clouds behind them, as they easily made their way, so smoothly as if dancing. Once in a while one would open it's mouth, revealing so many gigantic fangs that an entire population could be smashed into non-existence. From inside the throat flames the color of their scales would come pouring out. Here they were, the fat- mighty dragons playing “burn the other into a crisp!” They also had other delightful activities such as “see who is fatter and can smash the hard rocks” and “complain about petty and weak creatures.”

While dragon after dragon flew to the ground like a bullet, smashing the rocks and making the earth tremble beneath them, some burning the others eyes, or tail, and others just flying in the air and making ear piercing noises, which was actually dragonic language – thank God they do not normally meet to talk – the phrase “speaking of the devil” became known to them. A petty and weak creature had made it's appearance!

From the little opening in the rock, a shadow emerged. It was larger than it was the last time, and the eyes were more powerful than ever. Accepting the challenge, the clouds in the sky made way, and a beam of extremely strong sunlight hit Ryuu like a spotlight. He simply looked up at the blinding light with a blank expression, a ring of red now glowing around his glassy black eyes. He was slowly absorbing the power he had gotten from the Dragon's eye, so that his eyes were going back to normal at this point. Having taken it's power, the other dragons might not even have noticed his presence, and thought it was just another dragon arriving. It was, after all, that day.

Dragons have always been known to hate company, and while they detest “weak and petty” creatures, even the presence of other dragons weren't very comforting to they selfish- err...what word can I use instead? Ahem! Anyway, they just didn't like anyone's company...But, they realized the need for a meeting once in a while, and so decided with the bare minimum – once every one thousand years, on the 100th day of the year. That day had just so happened to come, and so here they all were, right above the cave of the anjelicas.

Unfortunately for Ryuu, the sun had seen him as a rival, and was blatantly shining down on him, making him stand out in the boring gray. Slowly, one by one, the red eyes of dragon after dragon turned his way as they stopped what they were doing. Millions of gigantic eyes were all focused on his thin- puny form, like an animal at the zoo. He might have defeated one dragon that day eight years ago, but here were way too many dragons to count, all in existence to be more precise. Ryuu was really in a predicament.

During this time, what exactly was his stupid- exalted father doing? Why, as far as one could tell, nothing much. Shall we see for ourselves? Okay...back into the cave, through many halls filled with many guards, we find a particularly hot room. Do you see that couple, faces contorted into scowls, lips pouting out oddly- lovingly as if about to kiss, standing face to face as they hold their hands in between? Do you see their eyes boring into each other, hazel sparkling with what I assume is love (This is why anjelicas are so disturbing. How do you know if they are being intimidating, or crushing on you?)? You do? Okay. And no, that is not Ryuu's mother. Now, look in between them. Look in that space created by the arch of their arms pulled upwards, and the red face that screams so loud even the halls outside reverberate: “Ryuuuuuuuuuuu!” Yep, you found him.

Amendam had looked for Ryuu everywhere. As he stood atop the caldron filled with boiling water, ropes tightly fit and holding him in place atop it as the incredible heat of the vapor burned his skin, he couldn't help but remember the good old times when he and his son had happily played hide and seek together. The beautiful- ugly emotionless face of his son as he looked up at him with big, yet cold black eyes and said: “Get lost; you are a nuisance” every time he found him, which was in the library with a good old book, was burned in his memory. Of course, it took a lot of yelling, screaming, and shaking before he could get the child's attention even after he found him. Amendam never understood his son's love for books, and it had actually taken him about a year to find that forgotten library buried deep underground. He wished it had stayed that way. But, he also wished he could have found his son there like always. Alas, Ryuu was currently on the surface, staring at the sun with unwavering eyes, taking it's challenge head on, as well as that of every single dragon in existence.