Chapter 8 - Bellatrix Part Four

 Morning had become afternoon, and afternoon a dark night. The air grew colder, the sun out of view and sharing no warmth with the night. But even in this weather, Bellatrix's cheeks were flushed with warmth, her breath coming in pants as she tiredly slid against the wall, falling to the cold ground under. With a glance at the corner of the wall, seeing an angry mob with fiery red torches angrily pass by her, she sighed in relief. She had finally lost them, after hours of running and more running.

It was at that moment of momentary relief and relaxation, that something a situation such as that one called for – a random voice. “Pussy.” Such a classy word drifted in the night air...a word I am forced to write down.

Bellatrix blinked, confused. Her red eyes darted around, searching for the voice's owner, but there was no one in sight. Thinking it was all in her mind because she was tired from all the running, she closed her eyes and sighed. She had got it right though, and so the voice sounded in her mind once more, just like it would happen to any other sane person. “Why run? If you are gonna run anyway, at least run after them,not from them. And then you can beeeeeep and beeeep and beeep...” I think you get the point, and so I shall not fill these pages with all the profanities uttered. I have already heard enough for today. If it weren't for my threatening- convincing the hotel manager to let us stay a few more days after the intense cat fight between a snapped Bellatrix and Bast, resulting in many broken pieces of furniture, there would be no roof over our heads tonight.

Ahem! Anyway, enough of that. At each censored word uttered, Bellatrix winced, covering her ears in a failed attempt at blocking off the innocence-shattering words. “S-Stop!” She stuttered, voice weak in comparison to the crude- confident voice in her head.

“Huuuh?” The voice drawled. “Why do I have to be quiet? I'll make you hear me no matter what!”

Teary eyes, panting breaths, and more running...I think you get the picture. Bellatrix, being the stupid- delicate girl she was, did the most reasonable thing – running from the voice inside her head. Thus, after about an hour of pointless- desperate running, she collapsed in front of the crystalline water of a lake, her annoying- pitiful sobs filling in the night.

Her small hands were brought up to her flushed cheeks, wiping away the warm tears that streaked down her face as she sat there, kneeled in front of the lake. After countless sniffling, she finally realized something any other person would have by then – it was quiet. Yep, no voice in her head.

Bringing her hands down and into the wet dirt, opening her red eyes, she leaned down and looked from under her lashes to the ground, and then to lake. And that is where the problem laid.

But, dear reader, I wonder, do you know what was wrong with it? Shall we check it together? Transparent liquid, illuminated by the soft moonlight? Check. Green trees, slightly swaying in the wind from around the pool of water? Check. The rustling of small animals in the forest? Check. The bright glowing aqua blue fish the lake was known for? Check. Why, everything was as normal as any other day! That is, if you ignored the image of the cocky girl who smirked rather evilly from the water's surface. Guess we now know the cause...

Considering a face that didn't belong to her, but still resembled her own stared up at her from what should have been her reflection in the water, and talked to her through her own mind in a sort of echo, her next move was expected, though I think unnecessary. Because I simply feel like it, I will let the image form in your mind, and let you suffer the consequences. Here it goes:

A simple “Yo!” uttered from the smirking lips on the water, an echo in her mind. Then wide red eyes staring into ones with a evil glint Bast has already been known for, and then the piercing scream which will haunt you in your sleep for days to come. “Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!” I think it was a little longer than that, but I don't feel like writing anymore “a”s, as writing with a feather can be rather tiring. Just imagine a really high-pitched and seemingly never ending scream, the type that makes you go deaf. You did? Good. It hasn't left your mind yet? Not my problem.