Chapter 11 - Ryuu Sin Part Three

The only thing to fend off the mighty darkness under the earth was the single torch of fiery red flames that adorned the wall. It was a fairly big study, but not the least normal. Sure, there were chairs, a desk, and even some papers and pens. But, that idiotic- slightly ignorant man that sat behind it, never actually wrote anything down or even read anything, as can be seen through the bare rocky walls of the make-believe room under the earth. Yep, no books! I really do not understand how anyone could live without them. I mean, even Bast had to resort to a book to get what he wanted, and that's saying something, since he could have just walked...and walked...and not incurred the wrath of a goddess...and...I'm sorry if there are too many blotches of ink as I write this. It is very hard to write with a hand trembling as if I were riding some angry dragon, a fiery burning glare directed at the back of my head, burning through with a killer intent impossible to ignore even with my expertize. As I was so into writing I forgot the devil- I mean angelic being of sunlight and everything good was behind me, already angered from before. There is a slight chance that my life-span may have dropped after starting to write this tale...You, my dear reader, should be thankful I am daring to continue. As I will right now.

Ahem! As I was saying...This stupid- ignorant man who used pen and paper, something rare in a land of rocks, as decorations, was one of the faction leaders of the anjelicas. You see, like any other dumb -strong race, the anjelicas had the bright idea of dividing themselves for no good reason and fighting to the death, with excuses such as “honor” and “justice” as they chopped down everyone in their path like mad-men after a chicken.

You would think that at least one of the two groups wanted to revert back to the old days, when white wings and fresh air were the fashion. But no, anjelicas were quite content with terrible heat, black rocks for dinner, and dust as breath. This much they all agreed on. They had become true barbarians that knew nothing of magic, simply flinging their swords into the air without reason. And, being the organized beings they were, they divided themselves up and even assigned a leader for this very purpose!

Remember when I explained a clear way of knowing when Bast appeared, especially after his massacres- hunting trips? Well, I would like to say Ryuu has such a magnificent entry, but with anjelicas, that is impossible. Their faces were forever contorted into an awkward scowl, no longer capable of anything else. When Ryuu opened the door, scowling boy at his side, the beautifully blank-faced Ryuu was met with the scowling face of Amendam Sin, the stupid- slightly ignorant faction leader.

“Huuuh? Ryuuuuu?” Amendam drawled his voice, face scowling and mouth contorting in an uncomfortable-looking way, jaw twisting to the side. He stared at Ryu as one would to intimidate another, but that was just how anjelicas worked. Many times, their fighting actually consisted of drawing a sword, pointing it at the other, scowling even more that usual and staring at the other, a long drawled “huuuuuh?” coming through their lips as they attempted to seem intimidating. The first to waver in this “contest” was the winner. At least they attempted to not use violence, though I find it was more disturbing- slightly uncomfortable to watch two people with faces unrecognizable in its contortion into a scowl, frozen in place with eyes locked with the other. You would almost think they were in love!

Ahem! Anyway, as you may have guessed, even though he never scowled, drew his sword or even showed any expression for that matter, there was no one that could beat Ryu at staring – not the sun, or a dragon.

Amendam stayed with his body frozen, hazel eyes under furrowed blonde brows staring at him head on, inching to blink. Nope. No reaction from Ryu. He just stared, and stared...and stared, until his father's- Oops. I wasn't supposed to reveal that yet. Well, too late now. I am sure that you, dear reader, are very smart, and may have noticed a particularly telling detail - the common last name. Yes, our dear hero Ryu was actually this ugly- scowling man's son. The same man who was currently trying with all his might to keep in the tears that threatened to fall from not blinking for so long. Finally, he could hold it in no longer, gave in, and rubbed his eyes. Regaining his composer, scowl deepening, his lip turned outward in a disturbing- cute way. “So, Ryuuuu....you must know why I called you here? Huuuh? The left Anjelicas haaave-” Just as he was about to describe yet another conflict about the so creatively named enemy group of anjelicas, drawling his voice disgustingly- characteristically as usual, he was interrupted by an unexpected voice. Yes, Ryuu had actually spoken!