Chapter 18 - Second Step

Chapter 18 – Second step to becoming a trail of chaos: Get captured and cry

With two of our heroes having met up, the adventure continues still in the dark, murky underground of the City of Light. We are introduced to yet another weird- mysterious character, one who has been accustomed to this darkness and can madly- happily laugh in the humid, murky air. With a microphone in one hand, and the other pointing up for dramatic effect, night after night, while clad in colorful clothing, Fossir riles up a crowd of brutes for a horrific, bloody game.

His lips a bloody red and his eyes rimmed with way too much mascara, his little black eyes are wide in a crazed expression as the crowd cheers and stomps their feet, making the whole underground room rumble as if an earthquake. Can you feel the madness in the air, dear reader?

Every member of the room was the type of scary, dangerous brutes you would avoid if you saw on the streets. Numbering in the hundreds, that kind of people had gathered together and was snickering as they waited for Fossir to continue.

With a smirk that glittered eerily in the badly lit room, it was obvious that Fossir himself was excited tonight. Something was different. A spot light appearing over his colorful figure as he screamed louder than ever, “Are you ready?!” The loud cheering was louder than ever too, making one wince and cover their ears for dear life. No wonder thugs always drawl out a “huuuh” when talking. They probably really couldn’t hear you since they ruin their ears so much. It is actually sad if you think about it.

Anyway, that wasn’t the important thing. There really was something different in that room that day. Shall we examine the intruder’s expression as they are revealed?

With the spotlight suddenly shifting from Fossir to the ceiling, a clacking cage is brought into view. With a sudden sniffle caught in her chest as the girl is shocked silent, she looks at the crowd with terrified, horror filled eyes that shine a bright red. Normally one would associate red eyes with villainous brutes, but the expression on this face was one that screamed “bully me!”

Crouching even lower, the third hero of our tale, Bellatrix, is introduced as she does what she is known best to do – cry. She cried and cried and cried. The more she cried, the more the crowd snickered and laughed, yelling occasionally “You scared, little girl?” or “Who told you to come here!” or “Want to taste what a real man feels like, huuh?” The list goes on…and dirtier, so I won’t bother naming the crude language. Basically, our young heroine was in a very dangerous situation that could either result in her being beaten up or eaten up…ahem!

Anyway, I know what you are probably thinking, dear reader: Just how could she have ended up in such a situation?

As you may remember, Bellatrix was a small, delicate looking girl that came from a race not at all delicate.After escaping the mob that ran after her angrily with pitch-forks (because she was stupid- unlucky enough to attack royalty and discover her split personality- ancient blood), and traveling through a gruesome forest, where even the sound of a squirrel nibbling on an acorn was a terrifying affair for the crybaby- delicate girl, she reached the ever beautiful city of light without even noticing. How this might have happened, you may wonder?

Normally, the travel by foot from the forest at the outskirts of the city Pyralis to the city of Light would take, for the most experienced and strong traveler, a total of three days. Yet, she had reached it in only half. All around were rumors already starting to circulate about a terrible wind that cut through the forest, somehow leaving a mysterious trail of water behind, and creating a small, thin river connecting the forest of Pyralis to the city of Light. Some were even wondering if it was the guidance of some kind of god, but no one truly understood why.