Chapter 1 - Bast Astra Part One

Volume One, PART ONE

Chapter 1 – Bast Astra Part One

The story I'm about to tell is the tale of the lives of four very different people. For a single moment the path of these people crossed, changing their lives forever as they embarked on a single, very twisted- eventful, path.

Now, lets focus on a certain tree in the midst of the Forbidden forest just on the outskirts of the busy city of Light. The tree was positioned in the center of the wide forest, the roots of it's gigantic trunk reaching out from the ground to the edge of the forest. The inside of the tree was surprisingly hollow, with windows reaching high up into the sky as it's trunk reached for the heavens. A certain clan lived in this tree, a clan of heavenly beings – the Astra Elven Clan. The peaceful nature loving people of the Astra Elven clan lived everyday blissfully sharing their workload with each other, a perfect community.

But, let's not focus on them as a whole, but on a single member, a young boy of fifteen – Bast Astra. He was the most hateful- cheerful person you could ever meet. A bright smile always plastered across his delicate features, with shiny blonde hair and azure blue eyes, the young elf was as bright as the sun that shone in the azure sky...Do I really have to write this? Ehem! Anyway...

He lived peacefully in the depths of the Hidden Woods where he destroyed- loved mother nature together with his elven clan. Bast murdered- hunted animals for the clan. Everyday he would bring back corpses- meat for his beloved clan members, a bright smile illuminating his blood covered face.

Now, if you are wondering just who this terrible- amazing boy is, I'll point him out to you. See that loving family consisting of a middle-aged couple with soft smiles on their face as they teach, together with their smiling teenage son, the younger sister, of about five years old, how to mix herbs together? Sitting under the cover of the grand tree, bathing in the cool feel of the of the big shadow, watching the little girl clumsily hit the wooden stick into the wooden bowl, smashing the herbs slightly as she cutely sticks her tongue out in concentration? Yeah? You do? Okay.

Now, look behind them. See that boy with an evil- bright smile illuminating his features as he holds his wooden stick up in the air with both hands, and then brings it down with incredible speed into the small wooden bowl of herbs, smashing it while braking the wooden table under it in half, and then offering it to the old man with graying hair who looks so pale he could faint? Well, that's him.

Sigh. I know what you are thinking, dear reader: “Can't we skip his introduction?” I really do understand you, and believe me when I say it pains me to have to write about him too. But, unfortunately, said person is right behind me, watching as I write every word down, smiling at me with his creepy- bright smile and saying how everyone should have equal rights, and so he should be included in the story to comply with the reality of it. He is also saying other things, but no worry, because I have managed to block them out of my mind already.

Okay! We shall now progress with the story, for I don't have all day, and his intense gaze on my back is really creeping me out...

One day, the young boy with his bright smile – and if you are wondering, it really is a bright and innocent looking smile, though the glint in his azure eyes tells you otherwise, like how it's evil! – strolled down the path in the woods, sword by his side as he happily hummed to himself. Azure eyes glanced around with a certain glint in their midst, looking for something. He suddenly stopped as he seemed to find what he was looking for, lips tugging at the side into an even wider and brighter grin.

As he murdered- hunted the poor animal which had been stupid enough to catch his attention, blood splashing on his face as he ran after it swinging his sword wildly into the fresh forest air, cutting down trees and digging cuts into the big spotted cats fur, a sudden idea crossed his twisted- peaceful mind.

The thought had nothing to do with anything he was actually involved in at the moment. In fact, it had to do exactly with what he wasn't involved. As he pulverized his dinner, he realized this would probably be the most and only exciting thing he would ever experience in the secluded life of his clan in the woods. Having only heard tales and rumors of the mysterious and intriguing life outside the forest, his mind wheeled with thoughts of the unknown. And then, as his sword finally dug into the poor animals heart, splashing blood and making it give a last cry of pain, before silencing it forever, his blood covered face smiled, determination clear in his hungry eyes. He would leave. The outside world would have to endure- accept, no, deal- Sorry Bast, I can't come up with a nice word. Accept it yourself, the world already has.

Ignoring the bright smile and eyes that are glaring daggers at the words I just wrote, my trembling hand will continue to relay to all you dear readers the evil- eventful life of Bast Astra, leading to the dreaded- beautiful encounter between us four.

[A.N.: This part is kinda short as I just wanted to get the idea out there. It what exploding in my head and I have no idea what consequences - other than not being able to shut up my mind and sleep - I would suffer. So, here is my new fantasy story! xD I'm using a different writing style than my normal one(s), having one of the characters write down their adventures and tell the story herself. I think it is a more light and funny style, and I would make me very happy if I could get all your opinion on it as well as on the story itself. Thanks for reading, and please vote if you liked it! If people don't show interest, I might just not post it anymore. I will continue writing it either way, but I'll do it at my own pace and not upload what I write if I don't know people are reading it. xP]