(non-official)The Beginning of a Twisted- Eventful Path Part Two

The Beginning of a Twisted- Eventful Path

Part Two

 It was like any other day in the city of light, the sun shining brightly above the heads of the group. The girl stood there calmly, her short light pink dress flowing and swirling around her in a soft puff, long silver and pink hair draping her back in soft curls, her big glassy eyes staring down from under long lashes at the gleaming metal. The sword stood just inches away, inches away from her delicate porcelain skin, from the warm red blood she hated to be revealed.

And then she looked up, face as emotionless and beautiful as ever. The big bulky man stood there as if frozen, his big muscled arm holding the sword, eyes glued somewhere behind her. And then the figure emerged – a smile so bright you would have thought the god of light himself had descended from above. Yet, this was no god. This was a slim, delicate looking, and known to be peaceful, elf. This was a being that always looked cheerful, even in situations of danger, even now.

The man let out a big hearty bark- laugh that shook and convulsed his whole body, face up towards the sky as if even the gods would join him in his laughter, as if this were just some joke from above. With gleaming eyes and a cocky grin, he looked down towards the elf once more. “Why, what do we have hear? A peace-loving elf that got lost from home? Come to see the big city, eh? Hahahaha! See, boys, an elf!”

The boys, which had actually been shortened down to one, laughed heartily with his “boss,” seemingly forgetting that his companion had just been knocked out cold by that same “peace-loving elf,” laying drooling and unconscious on the floor.

As the laughter went on like maniacs at the loony bin having a crazy fit, the elf gracefully made his way from behind the girl towards her side, allowing her to the see the bright smile on his face, and the twinkle in his azure eyes. I assure you, dear reader, that is was the moment I had first thought: “Ah, what an evil- cheerful person!”

And it was at that same very moment that one of the beings enjoying in the activity of crazy meaningless laughter suddenly stopped, not giving me enough time to realize as his fist struck the air with its massive strength. When I did realize it was just inches away. When I did realize, another first was already holding it back and retaliating with a brilliant, yet evil and menacing smile that made even the stupid- slightly ignorant beast-like man freeze in a fear he did not know himself to have. It was just like the beast in the woods, suddenly realizing his doom even though he was looking at such a puny, slim, and delicate looking creature. But no, it is the eyes you have to look at. Those twinkling azure eyes that clearly screamed: “I'll kill you!” even as his cherry lips opened and revealed a carefree tone: “Hahaha. You are very impatient, you know that?”

“What a truly frightening and evil boy.” I thought at that moment, even as that same boy had just protected me. I knew there was more to him than met the eye. I knew about the smell of blood coming from the sword tied around his waist, the same one no one seemed to notice.

“I never want to get involved with such a troublesome boy.” Ah, such carefree and innocent thoughts, not at all aware of the cruel fate before her! Little did I know that my destiny was to be tormented- accompanied by this very boy, this very peace-loving elf.

It was at this moment of intensity, where everything stood in complete, uncomfortable silence, as if the next move would decide it all, that Ryuu happened to pass by. His arms were now filled with piles of new books on new magics he couldn't wait to learn, and his eyes were now glancing in our direction much like he had glanced in Bellatrix's not so long ago.

“There is scum everywhere in the world, huh.” He thought as once again he decided to ignore the scum and go on his way. There were still many more interesting shops and places to pass by, after all. However, there was also a very frantic little girl with pink hair running for her life just as she had all her life. Not much different from before when she lived in the city of Pyralis, a group of Caelosian boys ran after her, tree branches in hand, threats flowing fluidly out of their disgusting- beautiful scowling faces. And then, in this moment still seemingly frozen in time, she trips on a coin that was glued to the floor long ago, her body in slow motion as her small weight allows her to fly up, and then, of course, back down.