Twenty Three

I followed the guys backstage. The stage was full with glass bottles. I groaned and remembered the concert back at 2010.
The crowd was now throwing bottles at the stage and was yelling really bad things about our band. Some real fans tried to stop them and they managed it.
But when we were on the stage, they starting throwing bottles at our direction again. We tried to ignore them and played for the few fans out there.
I looked up from my guitar. A bottle almost hit Sam on the head and another almost hit James on the chest. The fucker was shirtless again.
-Ben! Yelled Cameron and pushed me away, before a bottle could hit me.
-Thanks! I yelled back and looked at Denis, who was doing his best to not get hit by the bottles. He gave me a small smile and continued with screaming the lyrics of The Lost Souls.

I ran to the direction of James' drums and hid behind them taking some deep breaths.
-You okay, Ben? I heard James asking with concern, while we were still playing.
-Yes! I told him and ran to the direction of the crowd. A bottle almost hit me.
-Ben! Yelled Denis and ran to me, as Cameron played his solo at the begging of The Black.

-I'm fine! I told him and he nodded.
During the whole set, the crowd didn't stop throwing the glass bottles at us. It was unbelievable, how fast they could find new ones.
We were at the middle of the last song, The Final Episode, when Denis made the biggest mistake of his life.

He rushed to these metal boxes and kinda fell on top off them and did this thing he does.

I thought that no one was that clever. I thought that Denis would be okay, but then a bottle hit Denis on the head.
I watched in horror as Denis' body fell from the metal box on the floor, with his head been covered by blood. He screamed in pain and me, Cameron and Sam rushed to his side, while James went backstage to call an ambulance.
Sam took off his hoddie an gave it to me. I pushed it against Denis' head trying to stop the bleeding, making him scream again.
-I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Please Denis! Stay with me! I whispered and let some tears fall down on my cheeks.
Then the worst thing happened. Denis went deadly pale and we watched in horror as his eyes began to close.
-I...love... He managed to say, before he passed out.