Chapter 1- Our New Life

Iris's P.O.V.

I held Jazz in my arms, laughing as she hugged me. "Happy birthday, Mama!" she giggled. She was only four, and it was my twenty second birthday.

Opal stood a few feet away. "Mama, Daddy made you your favorite. Strawberry Yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice... I helped!" I smiled as she climbed up on the bed next to me.

Jeff walked in, with his usual permanent grin. "Morning, Iris. Happy birthday." He kissed my forehead. "Hey, Mr. Philips. I think your daughters here are on top of me." I laughed.

"Well, yes. But I think we both know you took part in their creation, as well." I cracked up.

Jeff laid down next to me. Yeah, this was my life now. There wasn't much sleep, but I was happy anyway. My killer husband, adorable dog, and sweet little girls were great.

Jazz and Opal laughed as I told them how I met their father. "Yeah, he broke into my room like a fuckin' idiot." I didn't really care about swearing in front of them anymore. They never repeated what I said, so there was no harm.

"And then he knocked over my dresser. I had to help him up." Jazz was laughing so hard, she nearly fell off the bed.

"So that's how we met. How we fell in love is a whole different story." Jeff was crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Hey, when I knocked over that dresser, I looked sexy." I kissed his cheek.

"You looked helpless and crushed."

"Mama, Uncle Slendy says that you used to hate Daddy. Is that a lie? You loved Daddy, didn't you?" asked Opal.

"Nope. At first, I wanted to shove a knife down his throat." I explained. Opal looked close to tears.

"But then we fell in love. That, my little girl, will never change." Jeff kissed my lips.

"You bet your ass that will never change."

Yawning, I stood up. "Well, girls, time to get dressed. You aren't wearing your pajamas all day." I took them into their room.

Quickly, I took Opal's nightgown off and put on her blue dress and little shoes. Turning around, I pulled off Jazz's shirt and pajama pants and replaced them with jeans and a pink shirt with sandals.

"There we go." I kissed both of them on heads as the ran out to their father, who would brush their teeth.

I came out to find him tying Opal's shoes. "There we go, Princess. Now let's brush you two's teeth. Your breath stinks." They laughed and ran into the bathroom.

I rushed back into my room and slipped into my shirt and jeans. Quickly, I brushed my hair.

However, the hairbrush just felt like being a douche bag that morning, because I had to play the "Get the fucking brush out of my hair" game. Still one of my personal favorites.

When I came out, Jeff was wearing a Metallica shirt and a pair of jeans. The girls both looked ready. Jeff had already brushed his teeth, so I ran to brush mine. Picking up my tooth brush, I began to scrub.

After I spit, I ran back to Jeff and the girls. "Everyone ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, we are, love." Jeff smiled. "Okay. Let's go." We stepped out the door. Our day had just begun.