Chapter 25- Potential

Jazz's P.O.V.

I sat awake, my eyes adjusting to the light. Shit... How long had I been asleep? I looked around my room. A few stuffed animals, a bright pink vanity, and a computer desk with my laptop on it.

Slowly standing, I realized how different I felt. My skin felt more coarse and rough to touch, almost leathery. My hair felt a bit shorter, but I couldn't remember cutting it. I staggered over to the vanity, and shrieked.

I was a monster. My skin was milk white and looked like leather. The chocolate colored hair I'd grown accustomed to was ash black and smelled like something was over cooked. The freckles were completely gone. I winced as I tried sitting down. Shit... I was so close to forgetting about that...

Opal was right, I shouldn't have gone. No matter how furious I was and how much I hated her, she was still right in this situation. I was the wrong one. Those girls didn't want to be my friends. They lied to me.

Walking through the hall, I saw Liu. He recoiled in horror at me, which made my eyes water.

"Liu, it's just Jazz... I haven't changed that much... I'm still the same older sister..." He shook his head, backing away slowly.

"... Jazz... You look like Daddy..."

Speaking of which, where was my dad? He wasn't in the room. Neither was Opal, now that I think of it. Where were they?

Suddenly,  I heard a voice behind me.

"Your father and sister went out looking for the girls that harmed you. I told them I'd take care of you and your brother for the few days they were gone." That voice... Oh please don't tell me it was who I thought it was.

Slowly glancing, Zalgo stood behind me, his face as sinister yet attractive as always. I didn't want him to see me like this... I was so ugly...

He had a cold smile on. "Those girls that hurt you? Trust me. They're being punished. If your father hadn't done it, I might've considered going it myself for hurting such amazing potential."

Amazing potential? ... Who cares Zalgo just said he would have hurt the people who did this to me himself. I squealed a little on the inside.

"Your sister, your brother and you all have great potential. Your sister is currently showing off her skill. She's incredibly skilled, inheriting mostly from your mother's level. Iris was incredibly talented too, she just never realized it until she met Jeffrey." I am way better at killing than that bitch.

"You, however, are on a whole different level of skill, putting your sister to shame." Another squeal inside. Zalgo thought I was talented, more so than that slut.

"Thank you, sir." I was barely able to contain myself.

"In fact... I believe one day, you'll be just as strong as your father. Not stronger, no one will be stronger, but just as strong." This was so exciting! I was actually good at something that would make Dad, Mom, and Zalgo proud of me.

The only downside, now I look like my dad. Which isn't fun. At all.

"Not to mention your newfound beauty." ... Beauty? Did he just mention my beauty? Is he being serious?

"... Are you messing with me?" I asked.

"Of course not, I do not make jokes. When you're older, there's not a doubt in my mind. You'll be quite a gorgeous girl. Underworld men don't like the human look, though for some it works. It worked for your father and many others because they were either close to human or once human. Slender is the only time I can think of where a demon fell for a human. We much prefer deadly and monstrous women over their dainty little flowers."

I can imagine how red my face was. I couldn't stop blushing, no matter how hard I tried. Zalgo said I was beautiful.