Chapter 5- The First Day

Jazz's P.O.V.

I felt a firm, leathery hand holding mine. My dad was standing right next to me, looking kind of sad. I could tell, his eyes always looked kind of glossy when he was sad or lost in thought.

"Daddy, are you upset with me? Am I in trouble?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "No, Princess. You aren't in trouble. I'm just kind of sad. It isn't your fault."

He held on tight to my hand. When we reached the edge of the territory, he looked even sadder. "Alright... I guess it's time for you to get going. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a long hug.

Opal was right behind us with Mom. She seemed to be sad, like Daddy. Opal however, was just as happy go lucky and oblivious as always.

Daddy finally sighed and let go of me. I smiled. Luna and Slender Man were already there. "Alright, Jazz, Opal, have a good day at school. I love you." my dad choked out. "I love you too." smiled my mom. They waved until Slender Man teleported us away.

We examined our surroundings. A nice building, some trees, swings, a slide, and monkey bars. Opal had run off the second she'd seen another girl. Now, it was just Luna and I.

Despite Luna being loud and excitable at home, here, she was very quiet and nervous. She wore a black dress, very simple and plain. Her leggings were plain white, and her shoes were black Mary Janes. She had her raven hair put up in pigtails. Simply put, she was adorable. I simply wore a tank top and jeans with jeans. Clearly, she put more effort in into her outfit.

"Hey... Luna..." She looked up and smiled. "There are so many people. I thought this would be amazing, but it's kinda overwhelming. Can we play? Just the two of us?" I nodded. "Sure."

So, the two of us went off to play on the swings. Opal was running back and forth, saying hi to new people. Luna and I just talked to each other. She was a lot calmer here than at home.

As we talked, Opal came up to us. "What are you guys talking about? Why aren't you meeting new people? This is so cool! There's other girls and they're awesome! They're awesome and... Normal."

We all sat silently. None of us were going to deny our strange parents. However, what very few people knew, not even our parents, was that like them, we craved to kill, sometimes. I'd just feel the urge deep inside of me to cause something pain. And the nearest bird, mouse, squirrel, or whatever kind of animal was near me had to die.

Usually, I'd just crush it. However, sometimes, if I had something sharp with me, I'd stab it. That's what I liked. I also like painting and coloring in general, especially with reds, whites, and blacks. They looked best together.

It all had started on my third birthday. I'd accidentally stepped on a lizard. I watched its broken legs try and squirm away, blood pouring out from every crevice on it. Then, I stepped on it again, relishing in its pain. It was... Fun!

Luna also felt the need to hurt. She hadn't shown her dad, but she had the ability to grow tentacles. She couldn't go faceless, but she could still grow tentacle, which was really cool.

Now, I said very few people, because there was one other person who knew. BEN had caught us in the middle of it. He scolded us, but after begging him, we got him to agree to not tell pur parents. BEN is an awesome god father.

Opal, despite killing significantly less animals than I, still had to cause carnage once in a while.

"So? I don't mind not being normal. It's fun." I snapped. "Alright. You two can be weird over here. I'm gonna go play with Angelina." I watched her run off and go to play with a morbidly obese blonde girl and a cute little black haired girl.

Then, a whistle blew. We had to go inside. All we did all day was boring craft things. The only interesting part was when out teacher, Miss Barkley, asked us what pur favorite hobby was. I was going to say coloring, but I thought of a more... Interesting answer.

"I like hunting animals." I told the class. A few of them nodded. "Oh... What kind of animals?" asked Miss. Barkley. "I like hunting birds." The teacher nodded. She probably thought I meant ducks.

When it was time for recess, we all went out and played on the playground again. I felt a nagging feeling of sadness inside of me. I said a few words that probably made me sound stupid, but they were honestly how I felt. "I miss Mommy and Daddy." I sighed. "I miss my dad, too." quietly stated Luna. After recess, we were supposed to be picked up. The problem was, which of our parents would pick us up? Certainly not my dad, and mom isn't supposed to be seen in public.

When cars began to arrive, Luna and I began to panic. Opal was still too busy goodbye to her new friends.

Then, I saw a blonde man with black sunglasses and a green sweater walk up. In a soft voice, he simply told the teacher "I'm here to pick up Luna, Opal, and Jazz." The teacher walked towards us and told us we had to go home with the man who signed us out, Ben. However, she mentioned his signature was odd because it was in all capital letters. So it looked like BEN.

I rushed forward and hugged Uncle BEN, with Opal a bit ahead of me. She loved Uncle BEN as if he was her own uncle, and not just her god father. The two of them had a close bond.

"Your parents were going to send Iris, but I decided to get you instead. Before we home, I wanted to take you to the park. They have a nicely wooded forest there. In that forest, there are quite a few animals." He winked.

After our little hunting trip, Uncle BEN took us home. Our father wrapped both of his arms around us. "So, how was it today?" he asked. "It was nice, but... I still missed you." He just hugged me tighter.