The Hunger Games Quotes

“Here’s some advice. Stay alive.”

~Haymitch Abernathy~

"The more likable he is, the more deadly he is."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"She has no idea. The effect she can have."

~Peeta Mellark~

"Scores only matter if they’re very good, no one pays much attention to the bad or mediocre ones."

~Portia~

"It’s not a fair comparison really. Gale and I were thrown together by a mutual need to survive. Peeta and I know the other’s survival means our own death."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun"

~Katniss Everdeen~

"Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games."

~Peeta Mellark~

"Congratulations, you just killed a placemat."

~ Haymitch Abernathy~

"Okay, well I'm not gonna kill anyone with a sack of flour."

~Peeta Mellark~

"Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, a lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it's contained."

~President Snow~

"Thank you for your consideration."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"Now see that, I love that. Two young people holding their hands up saying, 'I'm proud I come from District 12, we will not be overlooked.' I love that!"

~Caesar Flickerman~

"You really wanna know how to stay alive? You get people to like you. Oh! Not what you were expecting. Well, when you're in the middle of the games, and you're starving or freezing, some water, a knife or even some matches can mean the difference between life and death. And those things only come from sponsors, and to get sponsors, you have to make people like you. And right now, sweetheart, you're not off to a real good start."

~ Haymitch Abernathy~

"Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."

~Peeta Mellark~

Katniss Everdeen: So you're here to make me look pretty.

Cinna: I'm here to help you make an impression.

"When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"I'll let you go this one time! For Rue."

~Thresh~

"I don't even think they can have dessert. And you can!"

~Effie Trinket~

"Attention tributes, attention! Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you needs something. Desperately. And we plan to be... generous hosts."

~Claudius Templesmith~

"Face the probability of your imminent death, and know that there's absolutely nothing I can do to help you."

~ Haymitch Abernathy~

"Go on! Shoot, and we both go down and you win. Go on. I'm dead anyway. I always was, right? I couldn't tell that until now. How's that, is that what they want? I can still do this... I can still do this. One more kill. It's the only thing I know how to do, bringing pride to my district. Not that it matters."

~Cato~

"Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire!"

~Caesar Flickerman~

"You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"Wanna see what I got you today? It's a mockingjay pin. As long as you have it, nothing bad will happen to you. I promise."

~Katniss Everdeen~

"This is the time to show them everything. Make sure they remember you."

~ Haymitch Abernathy~

"I like you. Be careful."

~President Snow~

"That is mahogany!"

~Effie Trinket~

"You root for your favorites, cry when they get killed, it's sick!"

~Gale Hawthorne~

"May the odds be ever in your favor"

~Effie Trinket~

*****************************************************

Hey guys! The quotes are from both movie and book. There is an earthquake happening in our area. This is typed very quickly. Bye!

~Adelle x