Chapter 12

We were all sitting outside a small café in the town having just finished our meals. The little town we were in was gorgeous, there were lots of outdoor cafes and some small boutique shops along the street and a huge park on the other side of the road. There was a small lake that ran through the middle of it and bridge over it. I watched the children play on the swings and the families feed the ducks. For a small moment I had forgotten where I was and what had happened. 

I could some a block of bathrooms over at the park and then some taxis down the road from them and that’s when the plan started forming in my head. If I could just get into a taxi I could get myself back to the airport and back home.

‘Well I need to go to the bathroom’ I stated getting up from my seat

‘Not alone your not’ Jay said using a firm tone ‘We’re all done now anyway’

So with that myself and the four guys er I mean vampires started our way to the block of bathrooms over at the park. As we reached the entrance to the ladies bathroom the four guys stopped at the door.

‘You have two minutes and no funny buissness’ Jay instructed looking at his watch

I rolled my eyes and proceeded into the bathroom. I went into one of the cubicles and I was hoping for there was an open window above the toilet. I climbed up the toilet and squeezed myself out onto the window ledge, then jumped down onto the ground and ran. I ran in a straight line so the block of bathrooms was behind me and the guys wouldn’t be able to see me. Afer a good 30 seconds of running I made it to a taxi, I climbed in breathing heavily.

‘Airport please’ I panted

‘You got it ma’am’ the driver replied and started driving towards the airport.

I remembered how long it took us to get here from the airport and made myself comfy in the backseat for a long drive. I watched the driver closely and caught him staring at me in his rear-view mirror several times. I shrugged it off thinking nothing of it.

‘Whats your name sweetie?’ The driver called to me

‘Ella’ I responded

‘Perfect’ the driver smirked at me through the mirror, that wasn’t the response I had expected. The car came to a stop and I noticed we were at a petrol station.

‘Just need some gas sweetie’ the driver called to me

‘We’ve only be driving 20 minutes?’ I stated

He didn’t acknowledge me he just shut the door and started to fill the car u whilst talking on his phone. Being the curious person that I am I cracked the window an inch and listened in.

‘Yeah, yeah its definetly her, yeah short, little, pretty young thing too’ he stopped and listened to the person on the other line for a minute before continuing ‘She told me her name was Ella….alright…see you in a few’ with that the driver hung up the phone and made his way inside the petrol station to pay.

A thousand thoughts were running through my mind, 1. Who was he talking to? 2.Was it the boys? 3. Who is he seeing soon? 4. I have to get out of here. I opened my door and made my way out of the car, the sun was starting to set and it would be dark within the hour. I swiftly started walking until I saw that same car again. A long black limousine came speeding to a stop right in front of me. That car I had seen it before, at the club and the airport. This was all getting too weird. I turned and walked faster in a different direction, I looked up and saw the taxi driver walking towards me.

‘Ella sweetie, where are you going? I’m done now, get back in the taxi and we’ll go to the airport’ he said all too sweetly.

I ignored him and kept walking, I heard car doors open and since it was only the taxi and the limousine at this petrol station I was guessing whoever was in that limo had just got out. I glanced back behind me to see who got out but there was no one there. I turned my head back and then stopped. Standing in front of me surprise surprise was another drop dead gorgeous guy. He looked down at me, I could tell he was checking me out and sizing me up the way his eyes looked over my body. He was a about two heads taller than me, he had dark brunette hair swept across his forehead into a modern casual do.  His eyes were the same brown as his hair. I quickly glanced down his body he wore a fitted black t-shirt that hugged his muscles tightly, black jeans and black converse. He had huge biceps and I could only imagine the 6-pack he had under that shirt. I gulped and took a step back, I could tell he was bad news.