Chapter 23

‘Hi Ma’am, do you have any vacancies for a twin bed room?’ Bray asked the tall blonde lady behind the desk. The lady began typing onto the computer before her before replying,

‘Sorry sir the only vacancies we have are for a double room’

‘That’s fine we’ll take it for 3 days at the moment’ he replied whilst handing over a card to pay. The lady took it and gave us the room keys and directions on which way to go.

We walked through the hotel where the foyer was built with marble and granite and had large decorative pieces such as painting and sculptures around the place. There were three large glass lifts that Bray led me up and then into our room. He unlocked the door and I took a quick glance around the room. There was a decent size white marble kitchen to the left as you walked in and then a lounge room with a large plasma tv on the wall. At the other end of the lounge room was a balcony overlooking the city. Behind the lounge room was the bedroom, and there was one large white quilted double deb and to the right I assumed was an ensuite.

‘One bed’ I stated

‘What’s wrong we’ve slept together before’ Bray replied giving me a wink.

‘Not like that we haven’t!’ I exclaimed shocked to which Bray just chuckled in response.

‘Bray what’s happening? Why are we here?’ I questioned eagerly 

‘One of our guys went to check out the safe house and it was trashed, they looked through the security footage back home as we have cameras up at the house and it was Blake and three of his guys. There in England too. That was Kyle on the phone in taxi, he thinks when we left the house Blake or one of his guys was still around hiding somewhere or they put cameras up in your room so they heard out plan and beat us to England. Now there in the same country and after you. But don’t worry the other guys will all be here the day after tomorrow and we’ll go some-where else. ’

‘Don’t worry? Are you kidding me? I have never been more worried in my life! Some crazy Vampire is in the same country again as me and will not rest until I am his and he has my blood and my fortune! I am so freaked out right now, I have never been this scared, this terrified, I am so fearful’ I finished yelling back at Bray. Seriously how could he tell me not to worry, really! I mean look at the situation was in, any normal person would worry!

‘El, sash, it will be okay I promise you. We are in central London one of the most populated places on earth. We are two in millions of people here. The chances of them finding us are extremely slim. Now I want you to have this in case we ever get separated’ Bray finished handing me white shiny iPhone 5. I hadn’t used a phone since the boys ‘kidnapped ‘me, I wasn’t actually sure what had happened to it in the process.

‘Wow ‘I exclaimed ‘It’s beautiful’ I said stroking the back of it ‘Thank you.’

‘All’s good, now everyone’s numbers who you need are programmed in their’ by everyone’s I was sure he only meant his and the other three guys. I slipped the phone into my pocket grateful for the gift.

‘No let’s go get some food into you’

‘I’m not hungry’ I couldn’t possibly eat after everything I had been told, it really wasn’t a possibility.

‘You need to eat c’mon’ Bray had his authoritive voice on so I decided to follow him out the front door of our room, down the lifts and out the front of the hotel. We walked around 2 blocks away and into a large casual restaurant and bar.

We took a seat at a table in the back right hand corner of the restaurant and ordered our meals. Bray ordered a steak and chips and much to his dismay I only ordered a garden salad. I told him I wasn’t hungry.

‘Will you stay here if I ask you too?’ Bray asked after we finished our meals

‘Um yeah’ I replied

‘Okay I’ll be back in 5 minutes, I just have to fix up some of the details on our room, and we don’t need it 3 days anymore only two. I’ll be right back, then we can go for a walk through the city. Stay here Ella.’ He said and got up and left.

I didn’t like sitting of the back of the restaurant all alone, there was no one else around this part only me and it was creeping me out. So I got up and made my way to the bar at the front of the restaurant and took a seat on one of the stools. I wasn’t expecting to get a drink, I just thought it was a smart move to come up here due to all the people around.

‘What can I get you sweetie?’ An old burly bar tender asked me from across the counter

‘You mean to drink?’ I asked

‘Yes, this is a bar’ he replied slowly as if I was mentally retarded. I wasn’t ‘special’ like that I just thought they would recognise me as a 16 year old and not offer me a drink. I’m not normally an underage drinker, I’ve never really had much before but after the day I was having I was not going to turn down his offer.

‘I’ll have a Smirnoff double black please’ I replied with a smile, I knew this drink was strong and had a fair bit of alcohol in it- it was what I needed. The man came back a short while after and he handed me my drink.

‘On the house for a pretty thing like you’ he replied

I smiled in return and skulled the whole drink the hot sensation of alcohol burning my throat as it slid down. I must have been a sight to watch because after my first drink the bar tender handed me another one, and another one which both a skulled. I had just finished my third drink and was beginning to feel a little off- dizzy and light headed. This wasn’t good.

Suddenly I felt a vibrating sensation in my pocket, my phone I took it out and saw Bray’s name on the screen.

‘Heeeey’ I slurred into the speaker giggling

‘El, sorry I took so long I’ll be there in five, wait are you alright?’ he questioned hearing the change in my tone

‘Never better’ I giggled again

‘Ella are you drunk? Make that 2 minutes’ he sounded concerned and surprised, and with that tone I could just picture him snapping his phone shut and using his super-fast vampire speed to zoom down to me.