Chapter 7

I was quite bothered by the fact that I couldn't see anything. With two iron grips on both of my arms I stumbled along down what seemed like a never ending corridor and was then escorted up a flight of creaking stairs. Once we were back on a flat surface a light emerged in front of us, heading towards it in silence I came out into an enormous brightly lit room. My eyes stung from the bright light, blinking a few times to get used to it I was pulled along towards the back of the room.

Finally my eyes began to adjust and I took in my surroundings. The large room I was situated in appeared to be a library of some sort. The walls were lined with row upon row of books there must've been over a hundred books on one shelf! An old brick fireplace sat in one of the walls with and an old set of lounges in front of it and a large wooden desk situated at the other end of the room.

It was only after I had finished taking in my surroundings that I became aware of the fact that we were know standing in front of the large antique desk and there was a person situated at it.

With a jump I moved back and slammed into one of the four boys throwing me off balance and stumbling backwards and forwards. A pair of firm hands landed on my shoulders and steadied me, for that I was thank-full.

'I am sorry to startle you young Ella' came a deep voice from the figure behind the desk. The figure got up from the chair and walked around the desk so they were standing directly in front of the four boys and my-self.

I slowly and subtly edged behind the four boys so I was at the back of the group and could only see glimpses of the figure. Maybe this way no one would notice me and i could somehow try for another escape I thought.

'Now my young Ella where have you got to? Don't hide from me now, come forward let me see you arrived safe and healthy' came the same deep velvety voice again.

With that comment the four boys parted and I was once again standing directly in front of the figure, I slowly lifted my head and took in the figure as they did the same to me. The figure was a man who appeared to be in his mid-twenties. He had chocolate brown hair that was immaculately groomed into short gelled spikes. His eyes were the identical shade as his hair and as I moved my eyes down his body I took in his loosely buttoned t-shirt and tight dark denim jeans. The figure, he, had extremely large muscley arms with his biceps or was it triceps? His upper arms covered in evil looking tattoos. All up this figure, guy, was extremely good looking.

As I finished looking at him I could only imagine the sight he must be seeing, some child like, porcelain girl who is too small and short for her age, a girl with puffy red blood shot eyes from being dragged around for almost three days now. Wearing the same clothes I had been in three days ago for Tiffany's party my 3 inch silver heels and light pink mini dress only made me look even more out of place in this strange environment.

'Well, quite a sight aren't you young Ella' The young man commented at me 'Well let's not all stand here like fools, everyone come and take a seat then we can discuss the matter at hand'

Everyone then made their way to the set of lounges and took a seat, relentlessly I followed and sat at the very edge of the seat at the very edge of the lounge in the corner.

'Now young Ella, how are you?' the man asked me like he had known me my whole life and we were just having another casual Sunday afternoon tea. I looked up at him and attempted at answering honestly.

'A little freaked out' I replied quietly

'HA! Well there is absolutely no need to be, so Jay, Dean, Bray and Kyle how did you go, any incidents with 'them'?' all joking had gone from the mans faced and he asked the four boys a serious question which I could not understand

'We almost had two encounters with them yes' replied Kyle in a serious tone

At that answer the man nodded and Kyle began elaborating,

'Once back in Sydney they pulled up just as we were leaving from getting Ella and then once at the airport in the car park just as we were entering the airport about to fly here. I am pretty sure they could not track us back to this location though we lost them once we got inside the airport.'

'Okay that's good, well done boys. My top team have satisfied me once again. Now young Ella, back to you, do you have any questions? Asked the young man

Any questions, was he serious! I had millions of questions I could think of, did he seriously think I was just going to get taken from my home town and not worry one single bit, just get taken from my life and never look back! Whilst thinking of a suitable answer Kyle answered yet again.

'She has loads of questions all of which I am sure you can answer, we have not told her everything, she knows what we are though so just start from the beginning.'

'Ah okay well, where to begin, where to begin that is the question' the man pondered for a moment before resuming his speech 'Well I will start with introducing myself, I am Zac and I run this place. What is this place? I know you're wondering, it is a home and training ground for my team. My team and myself we are all vampires as you know and we are trained to fight against evil, the evil being fellow people of our kind, the bad vampires as you like to call them. They are only after two things the first is young humans they like to use them as toys as well as food and the second is wealth they are extremely interested in money and will do anything to gain more of it. So you see these past few months myself and my team have been keeping a close eye on you as there are people many vampires after you, you were left a lot of money when your parents passed which you cannot inherit until your 18 which makes you at the top of the wanted list for these vampires. I sent my best team to bring you back to me because you were in grave danger where you were, time couldn't be wasted if we had left you another minute you would be in the wrong vampires hands Ella.' Zac finished harshly

I looked up from taking in all that Zac had told me and all the eyes in the room were upon me, then I realised they were all waiting for me to say something.

'So what does this mean for me, what is going to happen to me?' I asked worriedly

'Nothing, my team won't let anything happen to you. We are going to keep you in our home here where you will stay until you are of 18 and can inherit the fortune left to you and are free to make your own decisions. Until then I am assigning my team here Kyle, Jay, Dean and Bray to you, they will be your protection anything you need but until you're are 18 they will be making all the decisions regarding your safety and wellbeing. Do you understand?' Zac inquired

'Yes, but what if I don't agree and want to go back home?' I asked

'I'm afraid we can't let that happen as you will be put in too much danger back home. Our teams abide by laws that have been created by our ancestors one of which states that's it is our duty to care for and protect any human in danger of vampires until they are 18 years of age in which they are free to do as they please. So you see, this is your new home' finished Zac

'Oh, so there's absolutely no way out of this? I just have to accept it and trust that you are the good vampires?' I asked

'Yes, Ella I can promise you we are the good ones, if we were going to have killed you we would have done it by now, the boys would not have gone to this much effort to keep you safe if we were not the good ones so please, trust us. And as for the other part, yes your right there is nothing you can do about for another two years' finished Zac once again, with an answer I did not like again.

'I see' I replied quietly

'Now you look rather ragged, so I'll have a maid show you up to your room where you can refresh' Zac gestured a maid through the door who led me back the way we came, up a flight of stairs, down a long corridor and then into the last room on the left.

The maid slowly turned the knob and I stumbled into the room. I looked up and gasped...