Chapter-1 Moving In

It was nearly one a.m. I was walking down an old road, almost to a bridge. I had finally entered a town that I had only heard about in stories.

Mystic Falls.

This place was said to be a Hell for vampires. I didn't really care because I was much older than most of your average vampires. I was very strong and I had old friends who had made it so I couldn't ever die.

But let's not talk about that now.

I walked over to the side of the bridge and leaned over it a little bit. I looked down at my had and saw the ring my old boyfriend had given to me. It was my daylight ring, so I could never take it off and would always be reminded of him. Obviously, he was thinking ahead.

I'm an original. Shocker? Let's just say I'm not in the family but I can't die. I always knew of the supernatural and wanted to keep the balance of nature, even when I was sort of human. Truth is, I fell in love with the devil.

But he ended up killing someone I loved about 200 years later, so I ran away one night and never made any contact with him.

So now in Mystic Falls, I am going to rebuild my life and try to be as normal as possible, but while still feeding on people and being a total bad ass.

But I'm not that full of myself.

~*~

I've been walking for hours and the sun is coming up over the trees. I've been studying the small town and almost know where everything is.

This town was very small and about 400 people live here from what I can tell.

I walked into the only place that serves food. It was morning, and about two people were in here sitting and drinking coffee.

I walked up to the bar and took a seat. A dark haired waitress walked up to me and asked me what I wanted.

I looked up at her, "I'll take a coffee, make it however you want." I quickly smiled at her. She walked away without a care in the world.

The sun was now fully up and more people were in the grill. It was almost 10:00 in the morning. I had had about two cups of coffee.

I started thinking and noticed I didn't have a place to stay. I got up and turned around to walk out the door.

A lot of people were watching me when I left, I guess they aren't used to new people. I also looked like I was 16 years old and missing my parents. But in fact I'm 19 years old, but I had that face that could pass from the ages 16-23 so I could very easily trick people on things.

As I was almost to the door, an attractive boy with black hair and blue eyes walked passed me. He stared at me with concerned eyes. I looked straight at him and smirked. When we got really close to each other I winked at him at the last second.

I heard him laugh a little bit, when he did I finally smelt him. I stopped. He smelt like blood. I stood quietly and focused on him. I noticed I didn't hear a heartbeat.

Vampire.

So much for trying to live a normal life. I started walking again and left the Mystic Falls Grill.

When I was finally out the door, I used my vampire speed and ran to the only hotel that was in mystic falls.

I walked in and went to the front desk.

I looked the middle-aged woman in the eyes, compelling her. "I would like the best room here. I also will not be paying for any of it. Do not let anybody but me come in the room without my consent. Got it?"

She looked back at me, "I got it, nobody but you." I smiled to her, "thank you."

She reached under the desk and brought out a key. My room was on the top floor. I walked over to the elevator and rode up to the room. I walked down the halls and made it to my room. I unlocked it with my key.

The room was beautiful. It had a full kitchen set and a balcony that looks over almost all of Mystic Falls.

I called up my friend and told her where I was staying so she could bring my clothes. She's coming all the way from New York so it might take her a few days.

I walked over to the bed and took off my converse. I laid down and fell asleep. Ready to face the day, but I'll start tomorrow.