Chapter 29: I Love You

Joey's POV

I was really worried. Where could Shane have gone?

"Sawyer, you should stay here."

I told him, and he nodded. If I found Shane, I would probably have to talk to him privately, without Sawyer.

"Don't do anything stupid while I'm out."

I told him.

"And keep your phone on is case I have to call or text you."

"Sure"

He replied, and I left. Where would Shane go? I decided to start in the obvious place, his house.

While I drove there, all I could think about was him. I really like him and I think... I think I love him. After the timed we've had together, I think I'm in love. He makes me happy. I always laugh when I'm around him. It's just a really good relationship. I finally made it to his house, but his car wasn't there. I went to knock just to make sure he wasn't home, but after a few knocks, there was no answer.

I got back in my car. He could be at Lisa's, she is one of his best friends. So I drove to her house. She was home, and she was surprised to see me.

"Joey?"

She said in surprise when she answered the door.

"Hey, um is Shane here?"

I asked, and she gave me a confused look.

"He's not with you?"

She asked, and I shook my head.

"No, I don't know where he is, I'm scared, and I miss him."

I said.

"I miss him too..."

She said.

"Would you... Like to come in?"

She asked, I knew she was just trying to be nice.

"No, no, It's fine, thanks for the offer though, I just really need to find Shane."

"Alright... You should check his mom's."

She said, and with that, I left to Shane's mom.

Teresa (Shane's Mom's) POV

I rubbed Shane on the back trying to comfort him. I really felt bad, I didn't know what to do. I could tell he was really in love, I've never ever seen him cry this much in 25 years. I did all I could, making up reasons he could have told Sawyer he loved him. Most of them were stupid, and none of them made much sense. But I didn't think Joey meant it. He would never do that, he was to nice. Shane refused to believe me though.

"He doesn't love ME!"

He said, after all the things I told him. Then, there was a knock at the door. Who would be here at 11 at night?

"I will get it babe."

I told him, walking over to the door. I saw through the window. It was Joey.

"Hello sweetie."

I told him, he looked scared, but he managed a smile.

"Hi Ms.Yaw."

He told me kindly.

"Is Shane here?"

He asked me. I didn't know what to tell him. He probably knew that Shane wasn't at his house, so I decided to cross that exude of the list.

"Yes..."

I said slowly.

"Um... I kind of need to talk to him, is that ok?"

I asked.

"Um, I'm not sure if he would want to talk to you right now..."

I trailed off, as Shane walked into the room.

Shane's POV

"No. I want to talk to him, I want to hear hi pathetic excuse."

I said, walking closer.

"Shane, I don't know what your talking about, what did I do? Why did you leave?"

He asked me. And I walked over to him.

"Your a fucking liar that's why."

I said, as my mom awkwardly shuffled out of the room.

"Liar? Shane what the he'll are you talking about?"

He demanded.

"You lied to me Joey. Said you were going to go "talk" to Sawyer. I heard you telling him you love him Joey, and god knows what happened before AND after that."

I spat at him. He looked taking aback.

"Shane, I do love him."

Joey started. I was furious. I knew he lied.

"But Shane, he's my good friend, I love him as a FRIEND now. I'm over him... I have you."

He said sweetly, leaning closer to me.

"Bullshit."

I mumble.

"Joey, you don't just get over someone that fast. And I never told MY good friend I loved him."

I yelled at him. As much as I wanted to believe him, I didn't.

"Shane, he has a problem okay? He was depressed, and I don't think he's over it yet. I told him I loved him because he said he had no one else. And I didn't want him hurting any more. I did it for his sake Shane, and I still want to be with you."

He told me. I still needed confirmation.

"Prove it."

I tested. And he raised an eyebrow.

"Does this do it?"

He asked, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me up against the wall. It made a bang, and my mom came down.

"Shane are you- oh never mind... I will just leave you too boys alone..."

She ran back up the stairs. Joey had his lips pressed hard on mine, his tall height bending over me, pushing me against the wall.

An energy surged through me. I could tell he meant every second of it. And I realized...I had to tell him I loved him.

"Do you believe me?"

He asked. And I nodded.

"Joey I-I love you."

I said, and he looked at me.

"I thought you didn't tell your good friends you loved them."

He mocked me from earlier.

"Well your not my good friend..."

I said, and he stared blankly at me.

"Your my BEST friend. THE best friend I could ever have... And I wanna know... Would you be my boyfriend?"

I asked him, and he nodded.

"Of course."

He smiled and kissed me. But he never said I love you too.

"By the way Shane, I don't love you too."

My heart sank. He didn't love me?! I was about to yell at him when he pulled me close and whispered.

"I love you MORE."

And kissed me again. I smiled, that was my Joey.